LOW FPS! HELP ME PLEASE!! -Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOW FPS! HELP ME PLEASE!! -Strike

Hey, alright, I have some problems with my FPS in-game in Continuum. I figured maybe someone on here could help.

My problem is, my computer only gets like 40 FPS maybe, and it chokes sometimes and drops a lot lower. I've seen it at 9 FPS before. But I don't know why?

My computer specs are:

2.6 GHz Intel
    512MB DDR
    ATI Radeon 9200 128MB DDR

If anyone knows of a setting that I may use or something? I've tried all the Continuum settings. Is there a setting on the ATI card for 2D or some 3D setting which is causing this problem for me?

Let me know. Thanks for all the help.
    -Cyber Strike
    Former TW SMod

All I know of is "Avoid Page Flipping" and "No Framerate Limit" in advanced options in Continuum. "Software Emulation" should be turned off.

Is something using your CPU when your framerate drops? Check Task Manager to see if your CPU is in use by another program.

Check the System Icon under Control Panel and look at Performance > Advanced Tab and the button that allows you to change Virtual Memory Configuration. Make sure you have the optimal amount of memory.

I know those are pretty simple, but one might help a little. Good luck
    3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
    3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
    MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Comment

Originally posted by PEGASiS
      All I know of is "Avoid Page Flipping" and "No Framerate Limit" in advanced options in Continuum. "Software Emulation" should be turned off.

Is something using your CPU when your framerate drops? Check Task Manager to see if your CPU is in use by another program.

Check the System Icon under Control Panel and look at Performance > Advanced Tab and the button that allows you to change Virtual Memory Configuration. Make sure you have the optimal amount of memory.

I know those are pretty simple, but one might help a little. Good luck
      Definately didn't do anything for me. Like I said, the Continuum settings i've tried already. My system is running nothing else, literally. I even only have one icon on my desktop, the recycle bin. My computer uses...85 MB of RAM or something idle, or so task manager tells me, out of my 512. And unless Continuum uses the rest, I doubt that :P

I still don't know the reason for the FPS lose however.
      -Cyber Strike
      Former TW SMod

Comment

notron antivirus + winxp gives me that on my other pc

Comment

You might have a virus or some serious spyware. Have you checked those outs?
          3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
          3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
          MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Comment

Originally posted by PEGASiS
            You might have a virus or some serious spyware. Have you checked those outs?
            My virus definitions are updated daily and scanned every 2 days. No viruses. No extra software running. I terminated all applications that I don't need. And I know those terminations are not the cause of my problem. I've had this problem for awhile now.

No spyware. I also check that weekly. Only Internet Explorer DSO exploit but that's unfixable for now. I use Mozilla FireFox anyways. It's not that. My Half-Life 2 runs better then Continuum, so it's something screwy. I still say the video card somehow.
            -Cyber Strike
            Former TW SMod

Comment

i get low fps wen using windows media player at the same time as ss

Comment

the latest drivers for my video card gave me problems so i used a previous version. it worked.

Comment

I dare not use Software Emulation, since it gives me 9 to 12 FPS.
                  -Cyber Strike
                  Former TW SMod

Comment

I sometimes get low fps. But all i do is change the Refresh rate in the profiles bit to about 70Hz
                    Fat people are really hard to kidnapp.
                    Shock.p3 Media Player

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDragons
                      I sometimes get low fps. But all i do is change the Refresh rate in the profiles bit to about 70Hz
                      My refresh rate is 85MHz (which is the max). My monitor will run 200 MHz but it's not really suggested as I don't want to break my monitor. That's my computer refresh rate.

My Continuum refresh rate is also 85MHz.
                      Last edited by Strike; 01-30-2005, 01:04 PM.
                      -Cyber Strike
                      Former TW SMod

Comment

Anyone else? ATI card owns may be able to help me with this. Anyone.
                        -Cyber Strike
                        Former TW SMod

Comment

For one thing I'm moving this to the Tech Support/Help forum.

Second of all, read this: http://forums.trenchwars.org/showpos...53&postcount=2 - specifically the part on color depth.
                          sdg

Comment

ColorDepth did nothing for me.
                            -Cyber Strike
                            Former TW SMod

Comment

granted I know very little about computers, I have an ATI card and when i first installed it on my computer continuum wouldnt work at all. I had to completely reboot my system and it worked fine. So yeah it's probably your card.
                              I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

Working...
                              X