Print Screen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print Screen.

If you just randomly took a Prt Scr where would it turn up and how do you open it? Explain it to me like I've never seen a computer.

I'm asking because I've been trying to take a screenshot in the old Unreal Tournament but it doesn't have a screenshot folder so I have no idea where it's going or even if it's working.
    Thrashing> "That'll be 25.99, thank you for buying, please come again"
    Thrashing> "LET'S FUCK!"
    Thrashing> Like that, Ott?
    Catgirl> rofl
    Missy> o.O im so leaving this chat

Kim> hal, say fit of rage sucks ballz
    fit of r> here, i'll do it for you
    fit of r> I SUCK BALLS
    Kim> loool
    fit of r> I LOVE BIG HAIRY MAN BALLS

It doesn't usually save "anywhere". It goes into the copy/paste buffer. Open up an image editing program - mspaint will do - and press Paste.
    sdg

Comment

There's a chance that won't work, since print-screen doesn't work for DirectX, which is what most games use to display the graphics.

I think that's where you may need a specialized screen-capture program, e.g. hypersnap and SnagIt.

Comment

If a game doesn't implement a screenshot function that's been mapped to the print screen key, you probably won't be able to use print screen to take a screen shot. You'll need a program that reads data directly from the DirectX or OpenGL frame buffer. There are many applications that allow you to do this.

Fraps (http://www.fraps.com) is my personal favorite. It allows you to take screenshots, record in-game movies and run benchmark tests.
        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Some games saves theyr saved games and screenshots to the My Documents, check it out.
          Original Mambonian
          TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
          I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

Comment

Working...
          X