Parallel output
    Lan and Dial up Connections
    Wi-fi Internal
    DVD-RW/CD-RW Super-Multi Drive
    XP Home Edition

PS2toUSB adapter by MICRO
    Keyboard: Microsoft Standard Internet Keyboard

These are here for reference.

Anyhow, I've been playing a good while with this problem ever occuring on my laptop. I've been using a belkin USB keyboard for my laptop because laptop keys are too flat and aren't suitable for gaming. Everything was fine with that Belkin keyboard, until it started getting sticky and old and I noticed my aim was just dying on me. I decided to get a new keyboard so my friend gave me an emachines keyboard and used a PS/2 to USB adapter to connect it becuase my laptop is not equipped with a PS/2 slot. This is where it all went downhill.

I was fine with that new keyboard, it worked perfectly fine for internet/desktop use and I was fairly pleased. Then I get onto continuum and noticed the problem. Keys are dropped, glitched and screwed. For example. I would be flying foward, and try to hold shift to boost, about a second later my shift key would in a sense 'deactivate' and it would stop boosting. Also my up key would do the same, it's as if holding the shift key and the up key together cancelled out any action from my keyboard. Releasing the keys then starts the process over, where I can push keys, but pushing too many or too fast will result in a glitch or cancellation of input.

What Have I tried to troubleshoot this?

Over the next 4 days I bought 3 brand new keyboards. All of them reacted the same way. I even tried buying a keyboard that connected DIRECTLY to the laptop by USB instead of going through the adapter, even that keyboard acted the same way. So I've come the the conclusion that what is causing the problem is not the keyboard or the adapter. These keyboards that I bought and returned afterwords ranged form 25-80 dollars. One included the Micosoft Intelli type Comfort Edition. All of these keyboards acted the same way, so I could tell the keyboards were not the problem. Now I went to software, I tried all kinds of different settings with the mouse/keyboard. I tried raising and lowering the repeat rates, and accelerations. I turned off ALL accessibility options for the keyboard including that 5X shift shortcut. I updated the drivers for all of the keyboards. I tried messing with even graphics settings, by lowering all graphics settings, including the ones on my card and the ones in game. I tried reseting keydef defaults. I tried Scanning for viruses and spyware using Norton, Lavasoft and Spybot. I checked for any kind of hardware/software clashing. I checked the Device Manager to see that the devices were working properly and that the drivers were all updated. I did a windows update and got my system up to date. I even tried doing a Last Known Good Configuration. I went through the Help files in XP. I searched for the problems in google for things like: Keyboard lag, dropped keys, ps/2=to=usb problems, usb speed problems. I saw many posts all over the internet with problems that sounded like they had the problems I did, but all the responses were dead ends, or no one answered. I'm still here on my ps/2 keyboard connected through the adapter, stumped and unable to play continuum correctly.

I gave myself have four options:
    1.Get a USB PCMIA card so I can have a new set of USB slots to try.
    2.Buy the exact same Keyboard.
    3.Reformat.
    4.Buy a whole new computer.

I would very much like not to do any of the 4 above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you try having your computer actually recognize the new keyboard?

I noticed that when I changed keyboards that sometimes the new settings wouldn't save. And I'd have to do it a few times.
    Trench Wars Moderator

TWDT-B Season 3 Champion: WOOT

6:Centurion <ZH>> afk embalming babies
    3:royce> i wish i knew how to penetrate
    1:Markmrw> i feel like i need a dick all of a sudden
    1:Markmrw> fuck wrong chat!
    1:Markmrw> :O
    1:RaCka> ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

Comment

The keyboards all came with installation software which I used. That software wasn't needed though because the keyboards were plug and play, the little window at the bottom right of the screen said the device was installed and working properly. Even after that I went to the add hardware wizard, but I'm still having the problem.

Comment

Hi INTRI! ^-^
        AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Hi Acid, Your post was very helpful btw. :fear:

Comment

Originally posted by Intriquality
            Releasing the keys then starts the process over, where I can push keys, but pushing too many or too fast will result in a glitch or cancellation of input.
            I was experiencing this with my system. When I pushed too many times it resulted an error. Im not sure if you have exactly the same problem but my problem in this case was "facileutilizationcommands" (not sure if that's english but I just didn't know the word.) Anyway if you can somehow figure out what I mean with that word you need to deactivate those commands. That worked for me.
            revolt> my girl
            Golden_Aim> nice lips, i bet she gives u awesome blowjobs
            Metal Headz> she looks good for bjs
            Golden_Aim> LOL MHZ
            Metal Headz> ROFL

1:kesser> MENTION ME
            1:kesser> MOST KILLS

kess is homo

Comment

Hot keys?
              USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
              ---A few minutes later---
              9:cool koen> you scorereseted
              9:Kim> UM
              9:Kim> i didn't
              9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
              9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
              9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
              9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Silly question but does your actual laptop keyboard work ok?

Comment

Actually I noticed just yesterday that my laptop keys don't work anymore. I may have accidently uninstalled the drivers for it or something. Could that be a part of the problem?

Comment

Er, nevermind, they work. My mistake.

Anyway, I've just went out and bought the exact same keyboard I was using with no problems, so I have two extra keyboards I should sell on ebay or something. But I can play now.

Guess I need to keep buying this same keyboard every 4 months until I get a new computer

Comment

Why every 4 months? Is that the frequency of coffee-spillage 'round there?

Comment

wow that sucks. getting a new compy just cuz ur keyboard is messed up.
                        thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Working...
                        X