I.E. Caching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.E. Caching

uh, I've only just started getting this problem today.

I have yet to try it on other sites, but whenever I'm viewing a forum or thread on the TW Forums, it loads up a cached page (i.e. the last one I looked at) and I have to press F5 to refresh it.
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

Clearing your cookies will probably help you out
    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

IMAGELIMIT IS GAY
      sage

Comment

Also

sage

Comment

Save those screenshots as .gif next time for an extra point

Comment

Cheers Creager, I think that was the bit I was looking for, I had been trying to find that menu but couldn't remember where.

Originally posted by Nockm
            Save those screenshots as .gif next time for an extra point
            Or .png
            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
            ---A few minutes later---
            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
            9:Kim> UM
            9:Kim> i didn't
            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Yeah, I was wondering if some browsers didn't support that. But then that would be a shite browser I suppose.

Comment

Why gif?
                sage

Comment

afaik...

If you look closely at your screenshots the text is a little blurry/blotchy. Gif would give a perfect copy of the original instead.

It doesn't really matter though, but for stuff like subspace screenshots its nice to have them looking pin-sharp as they would in-game.

Comment

bmps are bit exact

gifs are bit exact and compressed (lossless compression)

jpegs use lossy compression (not exact)

pngs use lossless compression and are unencumbered by patents (unlike gif)

bmp/gif are better at line drawings (like logo type things and screenshots)

jpegs are better for photographs and things with blended/gradient color. You get compression artifacts near sharp lines- blurry, circly type things...look around the letters.

pngs are supposed to do everything gifs and jpegs can do, although i occasionally get slightly bigger filesizes.

EDIT: too many parens (are awkward)
                    Last edited by geekbot; 02-24-2005, 12:34 AM.

Comment

If you look closely at your screenshots the text is a little blurry/blotchy. Gif would give a perfect copy of the original instead.

It doesn't really matter though, but for stuff like subspace screenshots its nice to have them looking pin-sharp as they would in-game.
                      Yeah it's almost impossible to see what the pictures say?? <_<
                      5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                      5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                      5: Da1andonly> =((
                      5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                      5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                      5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Just trying to help

Comment

dont ever use IE it is very dangerous. use firefox.

super cleaner will destroy all cache data that not even deleting your temp files does. there are hidden index.dats

a little off topic, but also, system mechanic 5 pro can destroy every byte of free space data data on your hard drive. that means every file you deleted since the first day you used your compter can never be retrieved again. in other words it cleans all FREE space on your drive by writing a string you specify all over it. it also has many other features and is the best system maintainence and tweaking package i have seen. when you install it, uncheck the last two boxes so it doesnt install the virus scanner and firewall, they will conflict with what you already have. just uncheck the last two boxes and you get sys mechanic installed only

Comment

Working...
                          X