In the house wireless connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the house wireless connection

Okay, recently I've been bringing my laptop downstairs away from my wireless router, which is upstairs, and I find that I can't connect to the WLAN. I remember last year I could, which is weird. Anyways, I normally use a LAN cable because my laptop usually sits in my comp room beside my other comps, so there's no need for the WLAN. But when i try to use the WLAN now, the packetloss is high, ping is high, and connectivity is generally slow and bad. Is there any remedy for this? Is it time I got a new router or wireless card? Is it something in my house that's causing interference?

My router is Dlink's 618+ I believe, without being at home right now. My wireless card is also a d-link aircard.

Also I 'accidently' installed SP2 on my laptop and that annoying thing that says YOUR FIREWALL IS OFF is constantly popping up in the bottom right corner. Should I just reformat? I don't have the SP1 on cd though.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

You can uninstall SP2 through Add/Remove Programs.

Comment

You could connect to the router from downstairs last year, but this year you cant? Its probably interference from some electrical appliance/device.

If your on a laptop, connect to the router while next to it and start walking away and downstairs with your laptop until it disconnects, then just look to see if anything is causing interference directly between your laptop and the router. Idk if that will work well, but thats what I would do first.
      Like, there was this ninja who got
      ticked off at some people who kept
      talking while he was trying to rock
      out on his guitar, so the ninja totally
      flipped out and sang at them till
      they all exploded!!! (true story.)

Comment

ok here comes the solution.
        take a hammer.
        now smash the motherboard of your computer.

next time try it yourself and dont ask such dumb easy things -_-
        WE WANT OUR CLOAKS BACK!

hatelist:
        tone (destroyed weasels/is a whiner), BobR (is an asshole), Vitron (tried to tk me), ZeUs!!, Tibro, pandagirl89 (is a dumb lil girl), Golden Sun (called me a "fucktard"), Exotic

disciple: "Overburn" :wub: me!

A.D.A.

anti-deutschpunkrevolte-alliance

Comment

If you want to go wireless you have to configure your router.
          Make sure your router has your Laptop's IP in its settings
          I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Sorry, I know this won´t help at all but...
            don´t play wireless.

I tried playing wireless, and with the new lag limits, i can´t do anything. Try to play directly connected and you´ll have less problems
            boo...:eek:

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
              Also I 'accidently' installed SP2 on my laptop and that annoying thing that says YOUR FIREWALL IS OFF is constantly popping up in the bottom right corner. Should I just reformat? I don't have the SP1 on cd though.
              Someone posted on here a solution to "disable" the MS Security centre. Which basically means you get all the added security of SP2, but without that piece of shit asking you to update your antivirus every 30 seconds.
              USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
              ---A few minutes later---
              9:cool koen> you scorereseted
              9:Kim> UM
              9:Kim> i didn't
              9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
              9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
              9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
              9:pascone> lol?

Comment

you could check the traffic on it and see if there's anyone on it that shouldnt be there. people connecting to your wireless is annoying, but it does happen a little more than often.

Comment

Originally posted by Blanke
                  Sorry, I know this won´t help at all but...
                  don´t play wireless.

I tried playing wireless, and with the new lag limits, i can´t do anything. Try to play directly connected and you´ll have less problems
                  i play wireless and it is fine

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan
                    Someone posted on here a solution to "disable" the MS Security centre. Which basically means you get all the added security of SP2, but without that piece of shit asking you to update your antivirus every 30 seconds.
                    It's in the CP -> Admin Tools -> Services list. Find it there and disable.

Comment

Working...
                    X