No announcement yet.

CD Burner Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a couple of ideas on how to fix this issue, but I need more info on your computer. Brand, model, etc if you bought it; if you built it, mobo, cpu, etc.

This is often the biggest reason I see for cd-burners not working right:
    Have you updated your chipset drivers lately? If not, try that, it may help.

If you did, try rolling back the IDE drivers to the standard microsoft ones (especially if you have an nForce 2 based system). This assumes you have windows XP.

(Don't follow these directions unless you updated your drivers recently, and your buring software has not worked right since then)
    Push windows key and pause at the same time to bring up the system properties, then click the hardware tab. In the hardware tab, click device manager. Scroll down to the IDE/Atapi control section, expand it, then open the properties for the controller. Click the driver tab, and then the driver roll back button.
    Last edited by AlienKing; 03-05-2005, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
      and that is what?
      Put CD into drive, drag & drop files you want to burn and then do it.
      megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
      L K> taught u what?
      megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
      9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
      9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

I'm not so hip with all this computer stuff guys. All I know is my comp is a dell, it was a custom build -- I have no idea with what. I don't think we've updated any drives or anything -- i dunno.
        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Put CD into drive, drag & drop files you want to burn and then do it.
          u forgot to take the cd outa the drive when u burned it down :wub:
          WE WANT OUR CLOAKS BACK!

hatelist:
          tone (destroyed weasels/is a whiner), BobR (is an asshole), Vitron (tried to tk me), ZeUs!!, Tibro, pandagirl89 (is a dumb lil girl), Golden Sun (called me a "fucktard"), Exotic

disciple: "Overburn" :wub: me!

A.D.A.

anti-deutschpunkrevolte-alliance

Comment

error always comes at 29% of total completion, regardless of the speed with which I run. I think the driver is amemorex and we use memorex cds (and it did work, but it stopped, so it's not like it didn't work from day 1)
            Okay, try using Nero. It's a bit fiddly to use at first so you'll probably have to come back here.

Comment

and that is what?
              Simple, just drag the files you want to burn and drop them into you E drive or what ever letter the burner is assigned to and the click on the copy thingie at the side.
              "Bilbo" SS is a sophisticated chat channel, nothing more.

Comment

Yeah actually do the above thing, as its much simpler

Comment

something is wrong with the drive I think. I tried burning through windows media player and it didn't work either.

All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

OK, it won't work -- heres the errors it gives me.

Write Error, buffer underrun occured
                    TrackWriter Error, command retry failed

any ideas? I recently cleaned the drive with one of those disk cleaners so it's not that it's dirty (it stopped working a long time ago, just getting around to it now.)

i fixed somehting that was wrong, but i still get the same two error messages. I'm out of ideas...

I need some help
                    I've Nero, had the problem before with winamp, then i got windows media player 10.0 and it burns smoothly
                    1:Hydride> who we play next week
                    1:ReNdErED> Pandora
                    1:ReNdErED> gulp
                    1:ReNdErED> if i see Ease im shiftin across map

1:Hydride> best feeling EVER
                    1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
                    1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions
                    1:menelvagor> ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
                    1:cranium> talk about a feeling

Comment

If you're under warranty give Dell a call

Comment

I doubt it, it's several years old.

Comment

Biggest question is: "Is your CD writer physically damaged?"

Not sure how best to test that except trying out your CD writer on someone else's computer.

Comment

Working...
                          X