Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Server recieving error

Welcome to the Trench Wars Dueling Division
    MatchBot1> Welcome to TWDD, Teams: rapid vs. dragon. We are currently in round 1: playing, 3 minutes played. Score: 22 - 13
    MatchBot1> This game has blueout enabled.
    WARNING: You have been disconnected because server has not been receiving data from you.
    WARNING: Disconnected from server

I get this message everytime I try and enter the TWDD# arenas.

I've tried, reinstalling Continuum, running an older verison of Continuum, lowering graphic settings, deleting and redling maps, turning the game down to the barebone requirements, entering the game in the chatmode, then switching to the regular gamemode once I've entered the arena. My computer is old, but it shouldn't have a problem running a simple TWDD map. My computer is 180mhz 48mb ram so its old, but the thing is, I've ran older computers in TWDD games and it worked perfectly fine. Please anyone give me some suggestions if you can, I don't have a clue what to do to enable me to TWDD. Any feedback is appriciated, thanks.

Lower reso.
    megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
    L K> taught u what?
    megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
    9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
    9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

I used to get this problem too, I think it's a problem with the tileset (I think TWDD uses a higher quality tileset than default).

All you can do is turn down your resolution or play on a faster computer.
      USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
      ---A few minutes later---
      9:cool koen> you scorereseted
      9:Kim> UM
      9:Kim> i didn't
      9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
      9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
      9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
      9:pascone> lol?

Comment

The amount of colors that Continuum uses is an option. Do view->option click on graphics and then turn the color depth down to 8. This will improve your framerate but I think you have a lag issue. What type of connection do you have? That is a fairly old computer, do you have trouble entering other zones?

Comment

Yeah that can help, try that.

...covering up my miss-post.
          Original Mambonian
          TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
          I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

Comment

Originally posted by 50% Packetloss
            The amount of colors that Continuum uses is an option. Do view->option click on graphics and then turn the color depth down to 8. This will improve your framerate but I think you have a lag issue. What type of connection do you have? That is a fairly old computer, do you have trouble entering other zones?
            It's not lag, I used to get it on my old PC (250MHz). It just takes longer to load the TWDD map and your connection times out. As I said, I think the TWDD tiles are a higher colour quality than the default 256 colours.
            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
            ---A few minutes later---
            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
            9:Kim> UM
            9:Kim> i didn't
            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by blueblaze-
              My computer is 180mhz 48mb ram
              wtf i had the title of crappiest computer. GO AWAY!!!
              thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Man, I've tried everything, I tried all your suggestions yet nothing still works. As far as what zones I have trouble getting into, mainly zones that change all the tiles and ships to custom. I never thought TWDD/JD type arenas wouldn't work though. If you have any other ideas, please post them here. I'll pretty much try anything, thanks.

Comment

It probably screws up because of the extra .lvz (scoreboard in the top right) that the twd arenas use. I'm not really sure what to tell you besides get a new computer...
                  sdg

Comment

Working...
                  X