Laptop with 98 for power point. some what urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop with 98 for power point. some what urgent

Here's my problem. I want to do a power point presentation; I have an old lap top with 98 loaded on it. And a copy of PowerPoint 97 I think. I have the presentation ready I just am having problems setting it up. I can’t take a screenshot cuz the floppy drive doesn’t work and I can't hook it up to the internet.

So the problem is when I try to present, I can show the show and another screen what ever format ( Doesn't matter) and it shows on both screens or either screen and if I put the power point program screen on the extra monitor I can present on the laptop screen. I want to reverse this; I can't figure it out at all.

I have tried all the settings..... At least I think I have.

Kind of need this soon. Thanks in advance.

NOCKM said I should re-explain the second paragraph.... so here goes
    I want to present on a secondary screen, problem is I can set it up so that the laptop screen is showing the presentation and the extra screen is showing the actually powerpoint program screen. This is reversed of what I need.

Let me know if that makes any more sense.
    Last edited by Ace; 04-02-2005, 02:32 PM.
    "Bilbo" SS is a sophisticated chat channel, nothing more.

I need to set it up reversed to this.

Comment

Never tried it myself, power show says it can do it.. http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html

Comment

I can't remember how or if it worked with PowerPoint 97, but with the newer versions:

1. On the Slide Show menu, click on the "Set Up Show" option.
        2. Under "Multiple Monitors", in the "Display slide show on:" list, click the monitor you want the slide show to appear on.
        Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

hehe it isnt the same I have 2002 on my own system and I can do it that way but not on the lap top with 97

Comment

does it have to be presented on that 2nd screen? if you are really stuck you could try a projector perhaps?

i dont know a whole lot about powerpoint im afraid.. i mean to me if it works one way round, technically it should work the other way round.. perhaps try a different monitor?
            04.07.05 08:59

Comment

Originally posted by Tibro
              does it have to be presented on that 2nd screen? if you are really stuck you could try a projector perhaps?

i dont know a whole lot about powerpoint im afraid.. i mean to me if it works one way round, technically it should work the other way round.. perhaps try a different monitor?

Thats actually the goal is to use a projector, and its the same thing on a projector or on another monitor.

And I tried the power show thing, nothing.

Comment

do you have to run it off that laptop? have you tried the projector through the desktop PC?

Comment

Originally posted by Tibro
                  do you have to run it off that laptop? have you tried the projector through the desktop PC?
                  its alot of work to run it of a desk top since I am not doing it from home.
                  Although if needed I could bring my home system with me

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                    its alot of work to run it of a desk top since I am not doing it from home.
                    Although if needed I could bring my home system with me
                    sorry if this is personal, but where abouts are you performing this presentation?

i was under the assumption it was in your work office, and could put the presentation on CD and use a work PC?

Comment

its not actually for me its for a friend..... but since I am the most tech savvy person he knows its up to me to figure it out

Comment

I have located a more permanent solution to my problem, some one is giving me a p2 and I am just going to load win2000 on there and use a more up to date version of PowerPoint.

Comment

sounds like a good plan. let us know if it works/fails.. cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X