Graphics Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Card

I'm looking to buy a halfway decent graphics card. Right now I've just got the Dell stock one (64 mb something or other) and anything is pretty much an upgrade. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
    i just wish it was longer
    Originally posted by Cops
    it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Originally posted by Cylor
    I'm looking to buy a halfway decent graphics card. Right now I've just got the Dell stock one (64 mb something or other) and anything is pretty much an upgrade. Anyone have any suggestions?
    9700 pro is a good buy at a pretty good price.
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

Comment

9700 Pro is the most stable, reliable ATI Radeon card you can get. But mine did blow up, so I dunno if I'm the only one or not for that.
      DELETED

Comment

9800 pro

fuck the 9700

and fuck it good

really depends on what you plan on doing as far as gaming goes, cy
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I know I might be shooting high with this one but the ATi Radeon 9800XT will last you a long, long time.

At least until AGP is redundant and an upgrade to a PCI-Express motherboard is required, which won't be for years yet.

Comment

My dad used to have one of Matrox's G450 MMS series, image quality like I've never seen before.
            5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
            5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
            5: Da1andonly> =((
            5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
            5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
            5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Tech Support

Comment

Thanks for the help. And by the way, I don't think this is tech support, since this doesn't directly apply to Continuum. But whatever. :P
                Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
                i just wish it was longer
                Originally posted by Cops
                it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

Nailed just likes to feel important.
                  Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
                  1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

Thanks for the help. And by the way, I don't think this is tech support, since this doesn't directly apply to Continuum. But whatever. :P
                    Description: Got a computer problem? Post here
                    megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                    L K> taught u what?
                    megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                    9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                    9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

I say forget the ATI cards, go for the nVidia GeForce 6600GT graphics card. It goes for $178 at NewEgg.com

Comment

yeah, as tahkis said, this forum is for computer problems in general; not just continuum specific

Comment

if you want the price to be good, i suggest nvidia gforce fx 5200, 128 mb
                          i play unreal tournament and farcry at medium settings with it (i dont think any card can support highest settings for those games )
                          If you won't get yur ass outta here immediatly, I'll make the hole in it bigger than the Grand Canyon!

Comment

Originally posted by WinnieTheBum
                            if you want the price to be good, i suggest nvidia gforce fx 5200, 128 mb
                            i play unreal tournament and farcry at medium settings with it (i dont think any card can support highest settings for those games )
                            I have that exact card and I'm planning on upgrading do the 128MB/Mbit GeForce 6600 GT vid card (a card that can play those games at their highest settings :P).

Edit:On a second thought, I think I just might go for a 256MB/Mbit video card instead. Battlefield 2 recommends it and the graphics look insane on that game.
                            Last edited by Asmodeus; 06-24-2005, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X