Continuum program goes wonky in Task manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuum program goes wonky in Task manager

This all happened after I installed Panda Software Anti-virus.

The moment I click on my continuum.exe , not only does the program not open (the background shows it is working with the hourglass icon), if I open my task manager, it shows that my continuum.exe task is constantly jumping up and down on my processes list, and when i try to end one of them, it just says invalid, mainly because it changes every second.

I'd like to know if there's some kind of program block that Panda Software has, if its a virus, or other.

Thanks a lot
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

And the last few days my comp has been FREEZING every few minutes, that can't be good. If you need anything such as video card info or HijackThis log, I can post them.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

Continuum checks for any suspicious applications running when starting and won't load if it finds anything, I dont think there's a way to get around it besides turning off the AV software. As for system slow downs, using the AV software might be causing it but still do all the normal checks (Spybot, Adaware, AV scans, remove all unnecessary background programs, try some registry clearners...).

Comment

yea i had same problem when i installed Panda.

because cont is programed shity or something cause it has no dll files or something idk cant remmber full details :P but panda thinks Continuum is a virus because of it so does not let it run

i fixed it by unistalling panda lol
        Cat: You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? 'Hey man. You threw the stick, you go and get it yourself, I'm busy. If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?'

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
          Continuum checks for any suspicious applications running when starting and won't load if it finds anything,

continumm is a virus scaner?!!?!?!?
          Cat: You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? 'Hey man. You threw the stick, you go and get it yourself, I'm busy. If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?'

Comment

Whoa, I downloaded a registry cleaner, and I think my comp is running better than ever. If my comp doesn't freeze up, thanks kolar, ill tell you about it later

Picked about about 70 fake things i think
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
              And the last few days my comp has been FREEZING every few minutes, that can't be good. If you need anything such as video card info or HijackThis log, I can post them.
              Hmm it appears this problem of mine hasn't gone away despite going through the above things. Like Guild Wars for instance, I have turned down all effects and made it run fastest as possible rather than quality, but it still manages to freeze on me. Continuum hasn't frozen lately, which is good. So GW freezes a few minutes in, continuum doesn't, and running other programs on my comp I have no problem with.

My guess is that it has to do with my graphics card, but thats just a hunch. If anyone's got another thing I can check up on, I'll be glad to listen to it.
              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
              Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
                Hmm it appears this problem of mine hasn't gone away despite going through the above things. Like Guild Wars for instance, I have turned down all effects and made it run fastest as possible rather than quality, but it still manages to freeze on me. Continuum hasn't frozen lately, which is good. So GW freezes a few minutes in, continuum doesn't, and running other programs on my comp I have no problem with.

My guess is that it has to do with my graphics card, but thats just a hunch. If anyone's got another thing I can check up on, I'll be glad to listen to it.
                Computer freezing every few moments might be due to lot's of stuff... i guess what you are saying is that it starts thrashing. Try making a disk defragmantation, you can do that on your system tools it will take you quite some hours... if you have your disk full of stuff. You must disable all redundant processes while doing the defragmentation or you will end up restarting the defragmentation again... unless you have installed your windows with a separate partition for swap... but i doubt it happened, either try running the thing and then update your card drivers, oh and if it continues try disabling the anti virus, dunno if there is other stuff you can try to do but if you have more info i might be able to give you more clues.
                A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Panda Anti-Virus is shit

Comment

What exactly is a registry clearner (what will it do if i ran it)?

Where do you download one from?

Comment

same question as unrealistic
                      5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                      5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                      5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

BUMP

i'd really like to know

Comment

-_- a registry cleaner is a software that cleans unnecessary registry entries on your register. The register is a memory database where windows stores the configurations about software and hardware on your pc... when you uninstall and install stuff ull going to end up with unwanted resgistry entries that might cause your pc to run slow... a registry cleaner helps maintainning the registry free of those redundant and unwanted registers so it helps your computer running faster.
                          A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

more specifically

SOMEONE GIVE ME A GOOD ONE

I really don't want to edit anything in my registry myself because I have no idea what I'm doing and could easily kill my OS with one swift stroke.

Comment

i tried a registry cleaner and it absolutely shagged my comp, but then again i have no idea about that shit

Comment

Working...
                              X