error in XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error in XP

whenever i open up the "My Movies" folder and go into another folder, this error comes up. see below (smaller message box). in that folder i have 10 episdoes of a show, each one is about 230 mb. i don't understand why the error keeps popping up. it's annoying and always causes another window to come up saying Windows Explorer needs to shut off, with choices to send error report or don't send.

thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Well rtfm!! you probably have a virus in one of those movies. I f you don't then maybe and this is a remote, very remote possibility that your explorer assigns the area from my movies has rodata "read only data" or something similar... hum dunno what to say. Update your virus definitions and run your antivirus scan you might find a virus somewhere... if that doesn't work and you think you dont have a virus on any of those movies disable DEP for those files...
    A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

I agree with arikel. If you got those videos off of a decent website check their forums to see if anyone else was having those problems. If u got them off irc be aware that its easy to sneak a virus into the folder/files. I always find viruses when using Kazaa, Limewire, etc in everything

Comment

THINK PEOPLE.. THINK!!!! When you get errors it is most likely that you have a virus!
        help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Originally posted by jappeuuuh
          THINK PEOPLE.. THINK!!!! When you get errors it is most likely that you have a virus!
          When you get errors it's usually just a bug or then you've done something wrong yourself.

But in this case, a virus might just be it.
          6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
          3 league vet

Comment

Thats what I was thinking when I saw this thread, there could be a virus in there that executes when the folder becomes online i.e. when you try to open it.

Comment

Scan the directory with your virus protection. Depending on the Virus protection you use, they will typically allow you to check a particular folder and its contents.

If no virus shows up, start up your system in safe mode and then try and open the directory to determine whats inside it thats causing you problems.

Is the file of such importance that you just can't delete the directory all together?
              May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by jappeuuuh
                stfu pig.

my computer isn't running abnormally slow or anything or having errors or freeze ups. thats why i didn't think it was a virus. and my computer was recently purchased so it was preloaded with both Norton and McAfeeee. oh, and some program called BigFix.

the episdoes open fine, its just that in the folder window when i click to see info the problem starts.
                thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Edify
                  stfu pig.

my computer isn't running abnormally slow or anything or having errors or freeze ups. thats why i didn't think it was a virus. and my computer was recently purchased so it was preloaded with both Norton and McAfeeee. oh, and some program called BigFix.

the episdoes open fine, its just that in the folder window when i click to see info the problem starts.
                  Oh dont start a fight ^-^ you are always welcome to ask edify!
                  A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Working...
                  X