Missing Keystrokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Keystrokes

For effect, from this line down I will not correct any errors due to this problem...

Basically, I useintrnet explorer 6, when I type it misses out some of the keystrokes. This can get quite annoying when typing ou posts or when watng to do a quick earch on google. It also seems to happen with mouse clicks everynow and again too. I don't think it's the keyboard as no other prgrams seem to have this problem

Please no "OMG USE MOILLA IT IS SO MUCH BETTER" replies, onlyconstructive help.

Thanks.
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

Well what is your problem with firefox? Try replacing your keyboard. When you press a key, that key is stored in the keyboard buffer and then sent to your program's queue. It is possible that another program on your comp is jacking things up, but maybe try another keyboard first and see if that helps. Also make sure you are up-to-data with windowsupdates.com

Comment

Are you using a wireless keyboard/mouse?

Comment

wait wait so you're using internet explorer?
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Hmm, maybe an adware scan? That's my answer to everything.

Comment

I regularly clean my system of adware and it's not a problem with the keyboard as it works flawlessly in every other program.
            The reason I don't want to use Firefox is simply because I want to stick with what I'm used to using. Call me ignorant if you wish, but I think it's a valid reason.

Neither the mouse nor keyboard are wireless.
            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan
              I regularly clean my system of adware and it's not a problem with the keyboard as it works flawlessly in every other program.
              The reason I don't want to use Firefox is simply because I want to stick with what I'm used to using. Call me ignorant if you wish, but I think it's a valid reason.

Neither the mouse nor keyboard are wireless.
              Do you have SP2 installed?
              Upgrade your internet explorer... i can't think of anything that produces that kind of errors... it's strange at the very least.
              If you are running windows XP dload SP2 and install it.
              About firefox... if you are a "casual" user there is nothing diferent about it well it's just like internet explorer with a few "trinkets" that you can use or not. There is nothing really complicated about it. Beware though that some sites might look funny.
              A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Firefox isn't too different, but whatever.

Are they USB or PS/2?

Comment

Basically, I useintrnet explorer 6, when I type it misses out some of the keystrokes. This can get quite annoying when typing ou posts or when watng to do a quick earch on google. It also seems to happen with mouse clicks everynow and again too. I don't think it's the keyboard as no other prgrams seem to have this problem
                  I suddenly understand how Zeus makes up all those drunk post stories.

He runs his text through two effects processors. One removes random keystrokes, and the other adds random letters here and there.

So, where can I get em?
                  5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                  5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                  5: Da1andonly> =((
                  5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                  5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                  5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

turn your keyboard upside down and shake it around so all the dust and dirt falls out. then invert again, and re-use.
                    thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

It isn't the keyboard, it's internet explorer. Btw Arikel, it's not usability I care about, I just don't really want to change when I don't need to..

NOTE: I typed this out using the on-screen keyboard and the problem still arose, my real keyboard is now broken due to completely unrelated issus (READ: Beer), hopefully temporarily...

Comment

It isn't the keyboard, it's internet explorer. Btw Arikel, it's not usability I care about, I just don't really want to change when I don't need to..

NOTE: I typed this out using the on-screen keyboard and the problem still arose, my real keyboard is now broken due to completely unrelated issus (READ: Beer), hopefully temporarily...
                        Maybe it's the configuration of your keyboard that is not the way it should. But if it was that i guess you would have noticed it sooner and in other programs to, either check your language settings and keyboard settings. And also check those for internet explorer, i would also try to get a servicepack to update i.e..
                        A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

To clarify:

IE occasionally doesn't take keystrokes? As in pressing 'f' sometimes registers but sometimes doesn't? This only happens with IE (not NotePad or anything)? And best of all, it happens intermittently with the on-screen virtual keyboard as well?

That is awesome. You are screwed.

Does it still happen with the virtual keyboard if you unplug your hardware keyboard? Maybe some key is intermittent even when the keyboard is just sitting there and it's still interfering.

Comment

My h/w keyboard has been unplugged since yesterday morning. It is now happily drying out on my windowsill after enjoying a nice rinse to rid it of any beer that was still residing within.

Yes, it happens in I.E. only, and a bit with the virtual KB; not so much though I guess due to the severely reduced typing speed.

Your desiption of the way it misses keystrokes is correct.

For the sake of it, here's a HJT log.

The Instantbuzz/IBBar is a program I willingly installed and is not adware.
                            OSK.exe is the virtual KB.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
                            Scan saved at 21:31:58, on 17/06/2005
                            Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
                            MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
                            C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
                            C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
                            C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
                            C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
                            C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
                            C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
                            C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
                            C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
                            C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
                            C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
                            C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
                            C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
                            C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe
                            C:\Program Files\Instant Buzz\IBDaemon.exe
                            C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
                            C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
                            C:\Program Files\Sophos SWEEP for NT\ICMON.EXE
                            C:\WINDOWS\system32\OSK.exe
                            C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
                            C:\MATLAB7\webserver\bin\win32\matlabserver.exe
                            C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
                            c:\matlab7\bin\win32\matlab.exe
                            C:\Program Files\Sophos SWEEP for NT\SWNETSUP.EXE
                            C:\Program Files\Sophos SWEEP for NT\SWEEPSRV.SYS
                            C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe
                            C:\Program Files\Google\deskbar-0.5.95.0\ggviewer.exe
                            C:\WINDOWS\system32\devldr32.exe
                            C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
                            C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
                            C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Ewan/My%20Documents/home.html
                            R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
                            O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
                            O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
                            O2 - BHO: (no name) - {B8D60EBB-5565-4392-957B-7164BA087AD4} - C:\PROGRA~1\INSTAN~1\IBBar.dll
                            O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
                            O3 - Toolbar: Instant Bu&zz - {7475D3FD-5D85-49DB-8B9B-6968467B2D80} - C:\PROGRA~1\INSTAN~1\IBBar.dll
                            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
                            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
                            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
                            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
                            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [InfoPenMSN] C:\Program Files\InfoKing\InfoPenMSN\Pro\InfoPenIM.exe
                            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
                            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe"
                            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
                            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Instant Buzz Daemon] C:\Program Files\Instant Buzz\IBDaemon.exe
                            O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
                            O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
                            O4 - Global Startup: InterCheck Monitor.LNK = C:\Program Files\Sophos SWEEP for NT\ICMON.EXE
                            O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
                            O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
                            O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
                            O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
                            O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
                            O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
                            O9 - Extra button: Instant Buzz - {066040F0-5018-4E15-8AA0-81D36136D989} - C:\PROGRA~1\INSTAN~1\IBBar.dll
                            O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
                            O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
                            O9 - Extra button: Create Mobile Favorite - {2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\inetrepl.dll
                            O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\inetrepl.dll
                            O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Create Mobile Favorite... - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\inetrepl.dll
                            O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
                            O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
                            O16 - DPF: {00B71CFB-6864-4346-A978-C0A14556272C} (Checkers Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary...r.cab31267.cab
                            O16 - DPF: {14B87622-7E19-4EA8-93B3-97215F77A6BC} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary...t.cab31267.cab
                            O16 - DPF: {2917297F-F02B-4B9D-81DF-494B6333150B} (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary...r.cab31267.cab
                            O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/S...in/AvSniff.cab
                            O16 - DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} (FilePlanet Download Control Class) - http://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/ca...C_1_0_0_44.cab
                            O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.co...?1101756210025
                            O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/S.../bin/cabsa.cab
                            O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary...t.cab31267.cab
                            O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/ms...downloader.cab
                            O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary...o.cab32846.cab
                            O16 - DPF: {C5E28B9D-0A68-4B50-94E9-E8F6B4697514} (NsvPlayX Control) - http://www.cartoon-fridge.com/nsvplayx_vp3_mp3.cab
                            O16 - DPF: {DA758BB1-5F89-4465-975F-8D7179A4BCF3} (WheelofFortune Object) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/WoF.cab31267.cab
                            O16 - DPF: {F6BF0D00-0B2A-4A75-BF7B-F385591623AF} (Solitaire Showdown Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary...n.cab31267.cab
                            O16 - DPF: {FA3662C3-B8E8-11D6-A667-0010B556D978} (IWinAmpActiveX Class) - http://cdn.digitalcity.com/_media/dalaillama/ampx.cab
                            O16 - DPF: {FE0BD779-44EE-4A4B-AA2E-743C63F2E5E6} (IWinAmpActiveX Class) - http://pdl.stream.aol.com/downloads/...ampx_en_dl.cab
                            O20 - AppInit_DLLs: MsgPlusLoader.dll
                            O23 - Service: dopewars server (dopewars-server) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\dopewars-1.5.10\dopewars.exe
                            O23 - Service: MATLAB Server (matlabserver) - Unknown owner - C:\MATLAB7\webserver\bin\win32\matlabserver.exe
                            O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
                            O23 - Service: Sophos Anti-Virus Network (SweepNet) - Sophos Plc - C:\Program Files\Sophos SWEEP for NT\SWNETSUP.EXE
                            O23 - Service: Sophos Anti-Virus (SWEEPSRV.SYS) - Sophos Plc - C:\Program Files\Sophos SWEEP for NT\SWEEPSRV.SYS
                            Last edited by Ewan; 06-17-2005, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X