Windows Media wont Stream anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Media wont Stream anything

i put in a new hard drive and re-downloaded windows media player 10 including the web plugin. websites will not stream anything. client loads fine and it just goes 'done'. i have zone alarm firewall on which has blocked 3197 attacks since i installed it 6 days ago, i always pressed allow on all outbound programs. windows generic firewall is also turned on. firefox is set to 'auto detect proxy'. changing it to direct connect did nothing. before i turn firewall off (which has never been turned off since i installed it from CD before i even connected to the net for the first time on new hard drive) maybe someone else knows something else it could be

the solution was that internet explorer was set to 'work offline'. i didnt see this because i use firefox. Win Media wont stream in any browser if iE is set to work offline mode.

Comment

Are you trying to stream a .pls file?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
        Are you trying to stream a .pls file?
        No, the problem is gone, i found out that it was that internet explorer was set to 'work offline' mode. since i use firefox i didnt see that. no matter what browser you are on, it will not stream if iE is set to work offline mode

Comment

Working...
        X