Notebook Temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notebook Temperature

I was just wondering ... I just started using a notebook ... and I noticed it gets really hot if I'm plugged into AC. My question is at what temperature is it dangerous to continue running it? ATM it is at 44 degrees Celsius and mediumly hot as I'm typing.

If I'm using file-sharing progs ... how am I supposed to leave them on if I'm afraid I'm gonna fry my notebook?

Originally posted by Sufficient
    I was just wondering ... I just started using a notebook ... and I noticed it gets really hot if I'm plugged into AC. My question is at what temperature is it dangerous to continue running it? ATM it is at 44 degrees Celsius and mediumly hot as I'm typing.

If I'm using file-sharing progs ... how am I supposed to leave them on if I'm afraid I'm gonna fry my notebook?
    shouldnt matter i dont think, in my case my one goes into standby by its self if it gets really hot, dont know about your model n stuff
    Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
    oNe-t> YEAH
    nopcode> before going out
    funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

Comment

Originally posted by scumbag
      shouldnt matter i dont think, in my case my one goes into standby by its self if it gets really hot, dont know about your model n stuff
      Ah ... now I know why my notebook always goes on standby suddenly. How can I us filesharing programs tho w/o frying my notebook?

Comment

My desktop's CPU is always at 55, if I run anything like high end 3D games the GPU core can get into the 80s. I don't know a lot about notebooks but the fan on my brother's old one was on the bottom, try to keep it from being blocked off.

Comment

Notebooks normally make a lot of heat when they are working... that's normal i guess. If you feel it is making a lot of heat try to check the regular temperature in the manual that came with your pc and set the fan to work on a lower temperature in the bios... although that might make you start expending much more energy and might reduce the time your batteries can power your pc... the settings that come with your pc are supposed to be optimized so i wouldn't recommend it to you changing them.
          A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

my battery's hit the shitter so i'm plugged in all the time, how would i go about increasing fan speed in the bios? (xp)
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Working...
            X