What virus/worm is this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What virus/worm is this

aight I have no idea what the fuck is going on, I thought at first it was something from limewire, but I deleted Limewire and it still going on...

whats happening is that Winzip files are showing up in my download folder, all the same size and all having a setup file called inno or someshit...

what is it, how do I get rid of it...

I think I need to download norton again...

what kind of xz-2000 wrxsti g35 megabyte files are you using

Comment

Originally posted by Exotic
      what kind of xz-2000 wrxsti g35 megabyte files are you using

I'm going to hurt you...

Comment

I think inno has something to do with Java. First try to remove Limewire from the control pannel if you didn't remove it that way. Second run a virus scan, http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ works good, it's free and comes with a spy/adware checker-remover but Norton is alway good to have. If the files are not infected then try to exact it and find out what it is.
        Last edited by Kolar; 06-24-2005, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
          I think inno has something to do with Java. First try to remove Limewire from the control pannel if you didn't remove it that way. Second run a virus scan, http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ works good, it's free and comes with a spy/adware checker-remover but Norton is alway good to have. If the files are not infected then try to exact it and find out what it is.
          no, use www.spywareinfo.dk/download/mwav.exe instead. it finds more.

althrough the webaddres is 'spywareinfo' this is a link to a virus scanner that has well over 100,000 definitions and tends to find things that other scanners miss

it will not install or add reg entries, so its not incompaitable with already having another virus scanner installed. it only unzips and it always comes up to date.

when you unzip it, it will load automatically, check the DRIVE box and press the SCAN CLEAN button. when you are done, delete the folder it unzipped to, c:\kaspersky

if you can, reboot into diagnostic mode before running it.

Comment

Uhh no, don't link people to a .exe without telling them what it is, give a site linking to it with an explination. His problem does not extend to spyware or adware, it is only an extra option that Trend Micro offers. Use Microsoft Anti Spyware and Adaware if you're having problems with that specificly, all of these keep their databases up to date and MS Anti spyware works with clients to detect new threats.

Comment

hogo can i laugh at you?

Comment

Uhh no, don't link people to a .exe without telling them what it is, give a site linking to it with an explination. His problem does not extend to spyware or adware, it is only an extra option that Trend Micro offers. Use Microsoft Anti Spyware and Adaware if you're having problems with that specificly, all of these keep their databases up to date and MS Anti spyware works with clients to detect new threats.
                the site is in danish

your link is an active X exe.

i use this program and it finds trojens that other antiviruses do not find, meaning it has a very good defintion file

i have also linked other people to it, who had scanners, and it found virii on their computer

it is Kaspersky e scan in a disposible zip, and will not install.

people say whatever, until they run it and find virii that their normal scanners dont find, then they are like thanks, i didnt know, i thought one scanner was enough. so if you want trojens on your computer then fine, of course you may be clean too, but better check

Comment

They can get conformation, knowledge of what it is before opening it. Linking directly to a .exe is not something I find appealing or good for this forum, post the site explaining it and explaining how to use it next time since most people here are not E-literate.

The definition and detection of all 3 I said keep updated lists online, and trend Micro offers good solutions for known problems so if the inno thing is a virus he could get some help there, and not get told "Not cleanable", "can't delete", it's a waste of time essically when they dont know what they're doing, most of them will leave it without caring.

Comment

They can get conformation, knowledge of what it is before opening it. Linking directly to a .exe is not something I find appealing or good for this forum, post the site explaining it and explaining how to use it next time since most people here are not E-literate.

The definition and detection of all 3 I said keep updated lists online, and trend Micro offers good solutions for known problems so if the inno thing is a virus he could get some help there, and not get told "Not cleanable", "can't delete", it's a waste of time essically when they dont know what they're doing, most of them will leave it without caring.
                    i already explain clearly how to use it and even mentioned that it was a self extracting zip which does not install so it wont conflict with other scanners. i even told how to delete it when your done, its disposible and simply unzips

if you want to read about it and brush up on your danish at the same time, be my guest and simply,,, ready for this.... go to parent site

www.spywareinfo.dk

Comment

blam got it...

Limewire is a POS...

Comment

Originally posted by hogo
                        blam got it...

Limewire is a POS...
                        i recommend installing zone alarm firewall. it has blocked 6,199 attacks to my computer since i installed it about 10 days ago.

also, avast antivirus has a built in P2P sheild and limewire is one of the ones thats covered in it. avast is also capible of doing boot-time scans before windows is even loaded and it is totally free for home use, you just have to reg at the site and they email you a key.

Comment

Originally posted by Tone
                          i recommend installing zone alarm firewall. it has blocked 6,199 attacks to my computer since i installed it about 10 days ago.

also, avast antivirus has a built in P2P sheild and limewire is one of the ones thats covered in it. avast is also capible of doing boot-time scans before windows is even loaded and it is totally free for home use, you just have to reg at the site and they email you a key.

word I was looking at downloading a Firewall, the windows firewall is absolute shit :\

I have norton 2005 so I have no idea why lately I've been getting hit with trojans and all this fun stuff... I guess I'm going to have to start locking my comp again...

Comment

Soft ware firewalls are a waste, if you want the extra secuity get a decent hardware firewall. Zone alarm free is designed to freak out over passive port scans so consumer whores will buy it, no one is really trying to hack into your computer 6,000 times or mostly at all.

Comment

Originally posted by hogo
                              blam got it...

Limewire is a POS...
                              stupid, why use limeware when you can use ARES

Comment

Working...
                              X