Keeping the connection alive on a 56k6's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping the connection alive on a 56k6's

I keep getting no-data after short periods of time on my 56k6. Can anyone advice me on what to do? (except getting a better connection that is).

I figure i need to keep my connection 'alive' (my internet connection doesnt disconnected, subspace just doesnt recieve data from time to time) since the tw-server wont recieve data from me at a some times... (?)

For instance, could it be my phone-line-wire (hardware) or disable the firewall (zonealarm pro), are there downloadable programs for this problem, etc?

I doupt its just the side-effect of having a 56k6 connection since it worked fine back in the VIE times when cable/adsl didn't excisted yet. Or am i wrong?

Thanks for any advice.

Oh... hum if it was a cable modem i could teach you how to uncap it but that is not very :cough: legal :cough:...
    Either way i think there are some tweaks that you can use to increase your 56k connection.
    You can change the settings in the windows registry to ekiminate packet fragmentation. To do that you have to change your TCP packet sizes... well i wouldn't recomend it for you to do it... although there are some softwares that do for you.
    Check out if your 56k modem is under the V90 standart very important... if that's not the case instead of the usual 53k "you never get 56..." you are probably at 36k wich is very low...
    You can also change your data compaction settings... sometimes it works... try using "microsoft compresion" or "STAC Compresion" if your isp provides them... you probably will only have them available once you take your compression settings of... if you don't know what this is you shouldn't do it... unless you can restore the old settings... -_- . There are some other ways but some of them can only be done on your "providers side" unless you do some magic tricks that i think you wouldn't want to do because can get you banned fom your isp for ever <_<
    A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

hey, i got the same problem with my 56k.. Sometimes i have to reconnect to my provider like 4-5 times.. Its not that i cant connect, its just when the connection is up i dosnt recive any data.. Its like something blocks it.. I dont have any programs on.
      Then sometimes when someone calls to our house i get disconnected and after 10-15 seconds the modem starts to recive data again.. I have unplugged the phone so its just the modem plugged in the wall.

Why is this?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X