NETWORKING help PLeASE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NETWORKING help PLeASE!

I have a adsl connection connected to an actiontec 54mbps DSL Wireless gateway The computer in my room is hooked up through it with the ethernet cable etc. I want to be able to connect my pc in the other room to the wireless gateway. So I found a Belkin router at a store and bought it thinking It would extend the range of the wireless network. My computer at the other end of the house is too far away. Walls are vey thick, Dont know jack crap about setting it up, but I am trying to get the Belkin 54g high speed router to connect to my actiontec 54mbps gateway so that my pc in the room at the other end of the house can connect to the belkin router. Sorta like a leapfrom effect I guess.

ACTIONTEC GATEWAY w/ wireless support ---->Belkin router in other room--->PC

Originally posted by ~T3~
    I have a adsl connection connected to an actiontec 54mbps DSL Wireless gateway The computer in my room is hooked up through it with the ethernet cable etc. I want to be able to connect my pc in the other room to the wireless gateway. So I found a Belkin router at a store and bought it thinking It would extend the range of the wireless network. My computer at the other end of the house is too far away. Walls are vey thick, Dont know jack crap about setting it up, but I am trying to get the Belkin 54g high speed router to connect to my actiontec 54mbps gateway so that my pc in the room at the other end of the house can connect to the belkin router. Sorta like a leapfrom effect I guess.

ACTIONTEC GATEWAY w/ wireless support ---->Belkin router in other room--->PC
    Unless you can configure the Belkin router to act as a repeater, this setup is not going to work. Some wireless routers can be configured this way, but the majority can't as far as I know.
    Check the specs of the Belkin for details.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Working...
    X