Trouble starting SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble starting SS

Sorry if you posted abotu this already, but I deleted something in my computer and my ss wont start up again lolz :/.. It shows no error but continues to load something and if any of you know how to fix it would be nice.

-eke

Try closing your anti virus thing.
    sdg

Comment

I did yo, its just not opening, i think i delted soemthing important. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling , boo

Comment

If you deleted some Windows file, you could try reinstalling Windows on top of your current Windows. It should patch all the missing files. But of course this isn't 100% fool proof, and something might break, so if you have some important data, don't do it, or make a backup first. (Backup of important data is a good idea anyways, HDs do break down.)

Comment

i had this same problem about a week ago i think

what i have to do is start SS as soon as i log onto windows, because when i connect to the internet it wont work for some reason

see if that helps
          Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
          oNe-t> YEAH
          nopcode> before going out
          funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

Comment

If you're using Windows XP you could try doing a System Restore. Start: All Programs: Accessories: System Tools. If you've tried re-installing the game and that didn't work...then I wouldn't know what to tell ya. If you wouldn't mind losing everything that's on the C drive (I'm assuming that's where your OS is installed) then I'd reformat your computer and put everything back on there. If you can, if your HD is big enough, I'd split it into two partitions. Put all of your media on the second partition (drive D) and your OS and programs on the C drive. That way if anything fucks up again all you have to do is wipe the C drive and you'll still have all of your documents and media files. If you have XP, you could try repairing your OS going through the "installation" route. Go in as if you were going to install a fresh copy of XP, booting up from the CD-ROM. There are two repair options iIrc. There's the RPC (I think), you don't want to do that one. The one you would want is where you are about to install a fresh copy. Somewhere in that step process is an option to repair Windows. It's been a while. I hope I've helped. Good luck.

Comment

some good tips in there, but to be honest i think it was a system restore that fucked it up in the first place

a mixture of sodding virus' and crappy inefective norton <_<

oNe-t> YEAH

Comment

do you have spysweeper? if so, it deletes a windows file and you have to reinstall windows
                zidane> big play
                Omega Red> dwop sick
                mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

I use this antivirus program: http://www.free-av.com/

You're using Norton? I've only heard bad things about it.

Comment

Use the "System Restore" which can be found by: Start -> All Programs -> Accesories -> System Tools then select System restore. Then click the bubble that says to restore your computer to an earlier date, and select a date several days before you deleted this.

It will then restart your computer and everything (excluding saved word documents, etc.) will be back to as it was on that date and time at the restore point. It should put back whatever you deleted. Good luck.

edit: Haha, Asm beat me to it, didn't read the replies befor I replied.
                    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                    TWLJ Champion Season 11
                    TWLB All-Star Season 10
                    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

HAHA, not funny :fear:
                      zidane> big play
                      Omega Red> dwop sick
                      mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                      WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                      1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Originally posted by Kuukunen
                        I use this antivirus program: http://www.free-av.com/
                        thaaaaankk you very much Kuukunen, 5 previously undetected trojans

eat shit Norton <_<

oNe-t> YEAH

Comment

Originally posted by Dwopple
                          do you have spysweeper? if so, it deletes a windows file and you have to reinstall windows
                          Tss, I was trying to dl one crack and it didn't open in Firefox. So I decided to try with IE. Wow was that a mistake. Got 2 viruses and bunch of spyware including spysweeper. After a while I noticed the shortcut in desktop. And I'm usually pretty curious so I opened it..hmm nothing happened. Reboot and SS didn't start anymore. But I'm glad system restore helped (man would I be in trouble without it),

I :wub: system restore
                          megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                          L K> taught u what?
                          megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                          9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                          9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Norton's only shit if you let it download the normal updates. I find it better to download the intelligent updates, the definitions are more fine tune. Also if your using norton, change your scanning settings/detecting settings to blood hound. After I did that Norton, became the hardy boys of my computer. I also use Housecall just incase norton doesn't do it's job. Just incase house call doesn't do the job, I use my Isp's Antivirus/anti-spyware/adware service Shaw secure (updates itself 2 times a day). After using Norton Antivirus, Housecall, and Shaw secure, I use my other programs... Which are Lavasoft Adaware (payed version), Spysweeper (payed version), Microsoft Beta Antispyware (or something), Spybot S&D, and Spy subtract. After that I do disk check, and defragment. I spend a good part of the day on this, but in the end my computer has been running very well for a long time now. Despite all the programs i use I trust Norton the most.

Comment

Wow that's some serious shit you are doing to your computer. I defragment maybe once every 3-4 months (I dl stuff so much that it's back to where it was in few weeks), spyware check once every 1-2 months (using FF so haven't really found anything even after long time period). Virus check takes almost longer than defragment so I do it like once/6 months.

And yes, my computer got all kinds of problems all the time.
                              megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                              L K> taught u what?
                              megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                              9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                              9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Working...
                              X