surround sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surround sound

i have some speakers but they are really small and i can barely hear the bass. so i was wondering if i could use the speakers on my stereo (they separate) and connect them to my computer.

however, it appears that they use the old L/R little wire system, rather then the plug that computers have.

do i need to buy some special adapter?

thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

I tried using my CD player's speakers which are like the normal ones you get to plug into computers, but the head on them had little extensions to stop you from plugging them into anything but the stereo, a bit like a key for a lock. The speakers were only designed for use with the stereo system.

Comment

Does your stereo have an aux line in?
      last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

If you cannot hear the sound well from the speakers you currently are using, my guess is that your systems soundcard requires that you use speakers with a pre-amp in them. The sound card will not push out the volume you want, due to it not have the proper ampage to push the sound from them.

Before you test or ruin your current speakers with other speakers, borrow someone elses or just buy a pair for $5 - 10 bucks from radio shack or on ebay that have the pre-amp setup. These will be the speakers that usually have a power button on the main speaker as well as an independent volume level on the speaker. They run on either batteries or they plug in to a wall socket for power. Once you get these, your sound will be back again.

If it is a question of just getting more bass from the speakers and you really do not care about the speakers you want to change these to, like your picture above....cut the end off of the old speakers and splice them on to the new ones in the pic. They still may need to be pre-amped.

Thats the cheap fix...otherwise get a new soundcard.
        Last edited by 404 Not Found; 09-23-2005, 12:27 PM.
        May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

my speakers right now have their own power supply, and a power/volume up dial. yes, i actually just want to hear more bass because at the moment it crackles if i set it on high bass w/Realtek.
          thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Hmmm...if it has the pre-amp and the sound is loud enough, but the bass distorts upon volume or is lacking of bass even with volume...I would suggest a new speaker system all together. eBay it....get a 2 speaker system w/a subwoofer. Logitech, Creative Labs, Sony all sell an inexpensive set & they probably are on eBay even cheaper if you do not want the 5.1 w/ a subwoofer....just look for the two speaker w/ sub by creative labs & or Alec Lansing use to have a nice two speaker sub system too.

Looking at eBay now w/ 3mins left: Logitech® 5.1 Z-640 Computer Speaker System Good 4 Gamming for $12.00 can't beat that.

or

CYBER ACOUSTICS AMPLIFIED COMPUTER (2) SPEAKER SYSTEM w SUB $5.00

I did the eBay search under :: computer speaker systems
            May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

I'd go with Logitech if you're going to invest in a new system altogether. Good sound quality, IMO, at a reasonable price.
              Originally posted by Tone
              It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
              Originally posted by the_paul
              Gargle battery acid fuckface
              Originally posted by Material Girl
              I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Working...
              X