Serious laptop problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious laptop problem

There's a serious problem with my laptop. First of all (this isn't the issue but I think it has to DO with the issue), there's something wrong with my computer battery. It won't charge and has troubles staying IN the laptop, which is why I'm ordering a new one, but it makes my laptop turn off and on a lot.

When I turned on my laptop last night, it wouldn't start right. First it said WARNING: BATTERY CRITICALLY LOW, PRESS F1 (which wasn't a problem, I did that.) Then it took me to a black and grey screen saying "a problem has been detected in your computer and we have closed windows, please choose how to start the computer, your computer has turned off for unknown reasons" and listed you know like safe mode, safe mode w/ configuration, last working way, normal windows. Every time I chose any of them, it went to a blue screen saying something was wrong and it has closed windows and it said UMOUNTABLE-BOOT-VOLUME and on the bottom of the page it was like STOP x0000 x0000 x0000

If anyone has ANY idea what this could be, please tell me. I'm screwed right now because it won't even let me into windows and there's no way that I know of to get in. I'm completely stupid with the computer but I did read the instructions and it doesn't help, it just says to restart or try safe mode but every time it does the same thing. If you need me to take pictures of the screen, I will. Thanks.

3:Mega Newbie> bam ashlee whats wrong taking nude pictures???
    3:Mega Newbie> its an art!!!!!!!!
    3:Mega Newbie> only jealous girls and gays dont like it!!

-

1:megaman89> WOW IF U WERE TRAPPED IN A FIRE I WOULD RUN AND SAVE U ASH
    1:Cape> then ud throw her back when she says she still isnt givin it up

-

tim> .?squad tim
    BAM__ Ashl> ?squad tim
    Squad: timo<3ashlee

-

MODERATOR WARNING: bam__ Ashlee is a sex machine -Mithrandia <ER>

Originally posted by Ashlee
    blue screen saying something was wrong
    Can you elaborate on that please?

Comment

Alright, I'll get to it in a second

-

-

tim> .?squad tim
      BAM__ Ashl> ?squad tim

-

Comment

Wow your second = my 1 hour 41 minutes.

Comment

She didn't ask you to wait here hitting F5 ^-^

Sounds like your hard disk might have become damaged, but I'm no expert.

Comment

Yea Hi bam

Mr.p sounds right, but if i was you to check this rig it up to a tower pc as a slave drive, gah as long as you have the 2.5" converter to 3.5" i believe and plug it into the spare ide cable.

Load windows and see if it detects the drive.
            If windows only shows cPC's Drive your testing on) and not the other C: (from the laptop), goto mycomputer -> contro panel -> administrator controls -> services (i think) -> disk managment.

Here you can see every drive that is connected to the computer if the laptops c: drive is detected here this means its fine but if this is detected here it should be detected in my computer with the other drive unless c: conflicts each other but shouldnt do.

so basically if you can see the laptops drive in managment you can see what format it is in (depending on what windows version you use xp should be ntfs and 98 fat32).
            if you cant access the drive but can be viewed i would reformat then plug back into your laptop and install windows again.

If it is not displayed in either my computer or disk management means the drives buggered.

but then again working on laptops this can be trial an error.
            for example one laptop i had in to fix wouldnt boot after dos windows screen (the one giving you 30seconds to make your choice)
            but before reformating i tried to change memory, cpu but it turned out to be the modem.

Hope this helps.
            Oh btw if you can view the drive on another machine save your files ashlee, thats the worse thing losing alllllll your data and pictures

you know ashlee one day you will send me a picture of your bum in a thong
            :eek:
            HTF <ER>> yes because i like 14 year old boys pretending to be female
            Lance> Here is BCG's song
            Social Lif> i bet u stole it fron utube >.>
            HTF <ER>> thats what gets me hot

Comment

...it went to a blue screen saying something was wrong and it has closed windows and it said UMOUNTABLE-BOOT-VOLUME and on the bottom of the page it was like STOP x0000 x0000 x0000
              Not sure about that battery thing, but this however means that most likely the file system is damaged.

Start the computer with the windows disc, then go to the recovery console. At the command prompt type chkdsk /r after it is complete reboot the computer. If this did not help try fixboot instead.

Comment

yea i'd like to know that if ashlee will actually be able to goto command prompt to be able to do that.

but again this depends on version of windows.
                if its 98 you can try /mbr
                but i doubt its a master boot record that is trucked.
                Last edited by Fair; 11-08-2005, 10:34 AM.
                HTF <ER>> yes because i like 14 year old boys pretending to be female
                Lance> Here is BCG's song
                Social Lif> i bet u stole it fron utube >.>
                HTF <ER>> thats what gets me hot

Comment

Well the cable's been confiscated so now I can't even turn the goddamn thing on. Thanks for the help so far, in a week when the new one comes in I'll bump this up again.

-

-

tim> .?squad tim
                  BAM__ Ashl> ?squad tim

-

Comment

Well the cable's been confiscated so now I can't even turn the goddamn thing on. Thanks for the help so far, in a week when the new one comes in I'll bump this up again.
                    Lol good stuff. I was suspecting hard drive damage, but I wanted to be sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X