A question about sharing network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about sharing network

Mom wants to share the internet in the house, I know wireless works fine, but it will give me bad ploss, do any of you have any ideas of how I can share a connection without it being affected? Is cables the only option then?
    DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
    Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
    Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
    -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

You can get routers that also have conventional ports for wired computer connections. Just keep your router next to the computer you want to play games on and connect it the usual way. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about it, but I don't think you'll get "wireless lag" if you plug in normally.

Comment

I wondered if I could get more tips.
      What do I exactly need to share a connection?
      I read step by step guides, but I still don't get it.
      I hear from people that it won't affect my connection, while others say it will.
      If you share a connection, could you post a link of the thing that you are using?

Thanks in advance

Read this thing.
      http://www.makeitsimple.com/sections...tpage&artid=12
      Does this mean that a switch can solve my problem?
      Last edited by RATTY...; 12-02-2005, 01:11 PM.
      DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
      Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
      Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
      -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Well i'll tell you how my network is set up. My computer originally had the internet, but eventually the rest of the household got computers, and wanted it too. So I bought a Dlink wireless gaming router connected it to the modem. Then connected the "master of network" computer directly through the wire to the router. Went to the dlink ip router management program thingy went through the wizard, and then bought adapters for all the computers connected them then alowed them to connect wirelessly to the router. I'm the only person with a wired connection to the router. If your afraid of Ploss then you should connect your router this way.

Comment

Share a connection meaning 1 cable modem or 1 dsl modem shared between many computers? Or you mean passing a connection through a PC?

If you're talking about the 1st, buy a wireless router, one cord goes from the router's WAN/uplink to the modem and all the happy computers plug into the 1-2-3-4 ports or connect wirelessly.

Comment

Working...
          X