Style XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Style XP

This has absolutely nothing to do with continuum, but I figured maybe one of you would know about it and be able to help me out

I recently got myself a new laptop, SAGER 5720, and I decided I wanted a better toolbar/ desktop theme then what comes on it standard. I was told to be able to use these costom toolbars I would need to download Style XP 2.0 or higher to istall them for use.

I went to the style XP website, or w/e the hell it is, and I downloaded it and the update, both of which came with only 1 file in it. I attempted to run the installation, and after agreeing to the user license agreement, it will go to the install screen for a split second and then quit on me, without finishing the installation.

I have tried numerous things like take off my firewall, my antivirus software and my internet connection while installing, and nothing has worked, im thinking the file I downloaded was currupt, but i tried iit numeroous times from different vendors. If anyone could help me with this problem (like have a working install file on their pc or some suggestions or w/e) itd be appreciated.
    "Shouldn't you be Running?"

Paladen

TW Beginners Guide

1:KJW> some 23 year old teacher was screwing her 14 year old students here in Florida was arrested yesterday ... she's HOT and I want to be 14 again!

(Robo Ref)>FACK U ALL BITSHES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quicklaunch is pretty simple to add.. Right Click toolbar and search for it =P
    Also I would recomend putting your icons on small
    to do this: right click the start button>properties>customize on the "startmenu" tab>customize>small icons

www.marvilla.us --has different XP icons.. check it out
    Also you can have several "desktops" in 1 like Linuux uses go to http://www.microsft.com/windowsxp/pr.../powertoys.asp and download Microsoft Virtual Desktop Manager (MSVDM) -- good for a multi-tasker

If you're good with HTML you can have an active background; like the weather, etc
    make a webpage of your own.. now save it

Right click desktop > properties > desktop tab and click browse button > navigate to find the webpagfe u made and select OK

Now to get to the main point here are some links
    www.themexp.org - www.xptheme.info - www.tss2000.nl
    1:Hydride> who we play next week
    1:ReNdErED> Pandora
    1:ReNdErED> gulp
    1:ReNdErED> if i see Ease im shiftin across map

1:Hydride> best feeling EVER
    1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
    1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions
    1:menelvagor> ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
    1:cranium> talk about a feeling

Comment

not quite what i was looking for lol, but thanks for the help anyways. The websites you gave me "www.themexp.com" and so on recommend style xp to install. Ive attempted to install two of themexp's WINDOWS toolbars (It looked like you were explaining IE's toolbar in your reply, or I just dont understand any of what you said ) but when I installed them and attempted to apply those themes to my desktop, it gave the the generic win 95/98 windows toolbar with the theme's background wallpaper, thuus it didnt work.

I want the style xp for the ability to create my own XP skins too. If thats what you were trying to get at in your reply please re-explain to me because i didnt get it the first time
      "Shouldn't you be Running?"

Paladen

TW Beginners Guide

1:KJW> some 23 year old teacher was screwing her 14 year old students here in Florida was arrested yesterday ... she's HOT and I want to be 14 again!

(Robo Ref)>FACK U ALL BITSHES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Maybe try WindowBlinds
        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
        Failure teaches success.

Comment

Yeah, try something else ... LiteStep maybe. Or if you only want a toolbar/quicklaunch thing ... there are lots of other programs just for that. Yz dock, moby dock, etc etc.

Comment

Yeah like Kim suggested you can try windows blinds, but if you don't want windows blinds you can change your msstyle file.
            http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=140707 Install the patch,from here restart you computer. (Don't let insert the windows cd, and click cancel when that dialog box pops up).
            Some msstyles install directly into your C:/Windows/Resources/Themes folder, for the others you're going to have to put them into the folder yourself. When you want to change, or use a theme you right click > properties > appearance, and you'll be able to choose your visual style from the drop down.
            Here are some archives where you will be able to find some msstyles
            http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showforum=36
            http://themes.belchfire.net/
            http://browse.deviantart.com/skins/w...der=5&limit=24
            Feel free to pm me in game, or email me if you have questions.

Comment

Working...
            X