Two questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two questions

I have in my room two different computers, and each has a problem that won't let me play this game.

On one computer the internet works fine, it's running off a DSL connection through a 4-way USB splitter, but Continuum isn't recognizing any kind of connection. All the zones appear offline and all that jazz. I've reinstalled and redownloaded the program, but I still get the same result. I've even tried the .39 prerelease. It also can't download the zone list.

My other problem is with my other computer. Last night it was working fine and what not, even continuum was working. It gets its internet connection off a wireless router. Because of lag issues, I was unplugging and plugging in wires and what not to try and get a direct connection. It never worked. Right now it's back the way it was, but there's no connection at all. Windows XP is on that one.

If someone could offer a word of advice concerning these problems that'd be great, thanks.

Из России, с любовью.
    Ну вот...

Perhaps ZoneAlarm or any kind of firewall is blocking Continuum access to the internet?

Comment

Wow, you hit the nail on the head for that one. Thanks

Now what about the other computer? Could a firewall also be messing with that?
      Ну вот...

Comment

sorry, i have no idea about that

Comment

Originally posted by ÆNIMA
          Wow, you hit the nail on the head for that one. Thanks

Now what about the other computer? Could a firewall also be messing with that?
          Do you have your DMZ host on? (inside your router) I know from experience that DMZ screws around with SS, and CS.

Comment

Working...
          X