Continuum doesn't launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuum doesn't launch

I click it and all it does it load up but doesn't launch and when i press ctrl alt del and try to end it, it says, "The operation could not be completed. The operation is not valid for this process." How can i make Continuum work?

does nobody have an answer???

Comment

I'm having a similar problem. When I try to load the main executable, it just doesn't load. It hangs and tries to load. I cannot kill the process in Task Manager, either, as it tells me 'Access is denied.' or similar messages.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Are you guys running 0.38 or pre release 0.39?
        Kakka> <3333333333
        missa> do i want to <3 you after you banged a donkey?

Comment

To be honest, it does the same thing no matter which one I try.

Comment

Im having a similar problem, using both 0.38 and 0.39. Whenever I attempt to start continuum, it doesn't do anything. It doesn't appear in the process list, the application list or anything. If I hold down the "enter" key I can push my cpu usage to 88% and it still doesn't load a single thing, not even a splash screen or error message, NOTHING.

Im using a dual core processor, I wonder if that might be part of the problem. Are you guys using single or Dual core processors?

Comment

Single core.

On another note, when I try to run it, two instances of it appear in the task manager, and they bounce around on the list, making it impossible to kill the process at all.
              Last edited by Bill Clinton; 03-23-2006, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Uninstall and re-install??

Have you tried that yet
                1:Hydride> who we play next week
                1:ReNdErED> Pandora
                1:ReNdErED> gulp
                1:ReNdErED> if i see Ease im shiftin across map

1:Hydride> best feeling EVER
                1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
                1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions
                1:menelvagor> ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
                1:cranium> talk about a feeling

Comment

Are any of you running a firewall? If so, try turning it off. Else, try using ctrl+alt+delete to turn off all unwanted applications that are curently running.
                  Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
                  -Buddha

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Clinton
                    Single core.

On another note, when I try to run it, two instances of it appear in the task manager, and they bounce around on the list, making it impossible to kill the process at all.
                    Do you use panda anti-virus?

Comment

I've deactivated all other programs (It was the first thing I tried) disabled my software firewall and rerouted my wires around my hardware firewall. Went into windows settings and disabled its firewall, and still nothing.

On my computer, It never appears in the process list. Did you download Continuum from Trench Wars or did you google Continuum? The first hit on google for Continuum isn't actually subspace, Its some form of spyware. The trench wars version is fine though.

Anyways, there has to be some connection between these problems, Maybe it's graphics card related. Is anyone else using a GeForce 7800? What version of Direct X are you using? Maybe Continuum is incompatible with 9.0c

Comment

Do you have Microsoft or Giant Antispyware installed?

I believe sometimes this can mess the exe from launching as continuum believes it's being interfered with by a virus or something similar.

There are also some other anti-virus programs which can make this problem happen. I think I heard Panda might be one of them, but don't quote me on that.

If you do have MS AntiSpyware, try uninstalling it, and see if that works.
                        USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                        ---A few minutes later---
                        9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                        9:Kim> UM
                        9:Kim> i didn't
                        9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                        9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                        9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                        9:pascone> lol?

Comment

I have neither of these programs, but I did try uninstalling my Anti Spyware and Anti virus program just to check, even after uninstalling both and reinstalling continuum no dice. Same exact problem.

Im beginning to wonder if there's a copy of continuum with a debug window or something, that would let us know where exactly it's crashing so we might be able to fix it.

Comment

good time to quit playing

Comment

We can't just quit playing, I have the feeling something in Continuum isn't compatible with newer systems.

If we just quit playing, eventually this Continuum bug will hit everyone. Then Continuum will be lost to the ages, However If we keep trying and figure this out, Continuum might live forever.

Comment

Working...
                              X