question about dialup networking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about dialup networking

so i'm running on dialup temporarily, and i kept getting specced in twd matches for either slow ploss or high med spikes. my ping averages around 170. it's a nice and stable ping. i couldn't figure out what was wrong. on a whim, i decided to disable both norton internet security and norton antivirus whilst playing. this seems to have solved the issue. my question, however, is this. my isp had me install this dialer program after they supposedly did some "upgrading." would bypassing that and using the standard windows dialup networking perhaps provide me with even a bit more stability?
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

If you have the phone number and username/password you may as well try it. I doubt that their special dialer program does anything special. If it's something like Netzero, all their dialer does is connect you to a proxy server that compresses text and images to make webpages load faster.

Anyway, the standard windows dialer is probably as stable as you're going to get. I don't think it will make any difference if you switch but it's worth a try I guess.
    sdg

Comment

norton = lagware + the biggest piece of crap ever

it will make u lag on a DSL connection...

If you uninstall norton your computer will become fast and responsive again :fear: download a free av and firewall :P
      Last edited by Doc Flabby; 04-04-2006, 07:11 AM.
      Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
      Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

that's what i was thinking might be going on stab, the whole proxy thing. proxy servers are a bunch of bunk.

doc, i think i may just uninstall norton internet security and leave the antivirus. i mean this isn't my computer, it's a shit one i built for my family years ago, and the only reason it has internet security is because i figured they were too stupid to stear clear of bad shit on the internet.
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X