Custom DVD's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom DVD's?

The last time I tried making a DVD to play on my DVD player it wouldn't work. So I'm just wondering is there any way to put several *.avi's on a DVD with a gaurantee that it'll play on any DVD player, without any 'cracking' or soldering or something?

That's because DVD players don't read AVI files. They read files such as .vob which is a really big file. You have to encode it from avi to dvd.

Otherwise, it's just a DVD disc with a bunch of files on it (like file storage).

Also, afaik you can only have one movie, unless you know how to make a DVD menu and want to add special features..etc.
    thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Many newer dvd players play divxs and xivds easily.

Last time I tried to make something like this, the menu was rather easy to do. I think the latest Nero versions can convert videos to dvd format, right? There might be some free converters in the net as well.

What I do when I want to watch movies that are on my computer on a bigger screen, I just pull a supervideo cable from my tv to my laptop's video card. It's easy and the picture quality is quite good. Newer tv's have a dvi port where you can plug your computer for even better image, but I don't have such ports in my laptop nor tv.
      last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

Sounds like you need a DVD editor as well.

When I record off of the TV using an old Terrapin VCD recorder, it saves the files as an mpeg. Once the VCD is done, I can then load it into my laptop which has the DVD editing software, and add the mpeg to the timeline editing out commercials as well as making a tracking menu for the scenes I want to be able to jump to. Lastly, when I am done this step all I have to do is click on the "Make DVD" button and it's a DVD with a menu screen with a play button and or which scene I wantto start with.

Most of the DVD editors will have similar setups and will work without a hitch unless your copying from a DVD with copywrite protection. If thats the case and all you want to do is make 1:1 copies, DVD-X 123 will do it, but if I am not mistaken it's off the market due to lawsuits....but if you have a copy it will work for dual layer and copywrite protected DVD's with no problems.
        May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

u need avi2dvd

http://www.afterdawn.com

is a good site

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/arch...vd_avi2dvd.cfm
          Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
          Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Working...