I cant Open Continnum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant Open Continnum

I download the game fine and everthing but when i hit launch now or just duoblue click my screen Wigs the hell out it gets super big and says Fatal Error 000000d4........WTF is this about

Originally posted by DruggiE
    I download the game fine and everthing but when i hit launch now or just duoblue click my screen Wigs the hell out it gets super big and says Fatal Error 000000d4........WTF is this about
    Read the other "I cant open Continuum post" the problems are related as far as I can tell. Im personally starting to think theres an infection in the Servers or something.
    7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
    7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
    7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
    7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
    1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Try installing continuum in a different directory. I've had a similar problem before; that should fix it.
      1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
      1:Cower> Sword
      1:Kthx> ok
      1:Cower> Axe
      1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
      1:Cower> ?
      1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

Whatever is causing this and the other similar bugs must have something to do with how continuum reacts with newer machines.

Using three seperate computers with windows 98 (And in one case 95) that run continuum fine, I upgraded them to windows XP. Continuum worked fine after the update. However if I formatted the drives and installed windows xp directly without installing 95 or 98 first, Continuum refused to run.

I've tried playing around altering other components (Graphics cards, Amounts of RAM, Hard Drive Setups, And even a couple different sounds cards) And nothing else seems to consistently cause the failure of the program.

Perhaps some backwater file from 95 or 98 helps Continuum run or maybe it just sets up the drivers differently or perhaps the whole things a coincidence, but I think we might need to find a "Volunteer" to look through the programming and see if they can find the problem.

Comment

Can you play it in safemoode?
          (Press F8 in startup)

Comment

So far, safe mode doesn't work for any of them, not even the ones that can run continuum without safe mode.

EDIT: I just noticed something i hadn't before. A text file labeled exception, opening it shows nothing but programming nonsense, but perhaps it is a record of the error taking place? Anyone else with the problem have this exception file as well?
            Last edited by Snodrvr; 05-08-2006, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Yupp all i had to do was d/l continuum into a different folder now it workz fine ty for your help.......now i cant figure out my twdivisions pw i know my in game pw but shouldnt they both be the same??????wuts the command to change ur twd divisions pw???anyone

Comment

twd

Well I'm pretty sure you can go twd an pm the bot signup <different pw> with the same name.. If that dont work ask a twdop for help
                Ops are: Beasty, Dameon Angell, Dangergirl, Dyers Eve, Kim, i.d., M_M God, Nycle, PredatoR_FNM, Spider, and WorstPlayerEver. They will be more then glad to help

wit

Comment

Working...
                X