VMware image files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMware image files

I wanted to play around with VMware. I know you can mount Operating systems while on your Windows desktop.

I primarly use Windows for work and for regular functions, like e-mail, web browsing, and Continuum of course.

I wanted to get back using Linux once again, and I also wanted to experiment my hardware with different operating systems.

I have the VMware player installed, but now I need images to load.

My question is, what's the easiest way to make a .vmx file VMware can read. I downloaded Fedora Core 5 (DVD), and I already have it on a laptop, but I'm going to give the laptop away to my sister. My main computer is a laptop now, and that's all I have now after getting rid of everything else.

I really dont want to duel boot, and have to log on and off just to play around with Fedora.

I read about a program called Qemu, but it's probably not what I'm looking for.

Thanks!
    Last edited by gerry; 05-06-2006, 09:29 PM.

So I learned how to make Virtual Drives and .vmx files from source. It was quite easy.

VMware is a memory hog though, so I just installed FC5 on it. You can play Continuum on Linux. Mine Go Boom has the source code that you have to modify.

Comment

Working...
    X