re-mapping those special keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re-mapping those special keys

I've got a keyboard that has those back, forward, stop, mail etc buttons on the top. I was wondering if there was a way to re-map them as media keys. So they're vol up, vol down, next track etc...
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

i think it would be possible. I use some of the special keys like that on my keyboard for playing continuum.
    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

remapping that would be nice. my sleep button is above the esc button. and 90% of the time i hit esc i am pissed off at some code not working. im gona have a breakdown soon due to this freking sleep button ...

Comment

on my old computer hitting caps lock while in game would lock up continuum and the computer. My solution, I removed the caps lock key from the keyboard :P Surprisingly i didnt miss it. Ironicaly on my new computer caps lock is my shoot key.
        Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
        Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Did your keyboard come with any software? I remember that I bought one with the media buttons and stuff and it did, and an included program let me assign actions (open a file, start a program, etc.) to certain buttons.
          -winipcfg

HAY GUYS

Comment

Do you mean like in Winamp switching the volume toggle buttons to the ones on the keyboard or for general use entirely?

My keyboard has 18 special keys (not on regular keyboards).
            thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

For completely general use. The buttons could do pretty much anything. There was a long list of actions and you just picked one for each key. Of course, the labels on the keys (E-mail, Internet, etc.) wouldn't match the function, but who cares.
              -winipcfg

HAY GUYS

Comment

There is no software installed for it (it's a MS keyboard) but I'll check our grand CD pile to see if it maybe came with one that we just didn't bother using.
                USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                ---A few minutes later---
                9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                9:Kim> UM
                9:Kim> i didn't
                9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                9:pascone> lol?

Comment

check the keyboard manuf. web page

Comment

Working...