Parallels and FPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parallels and FPS

I recently purchased a new MacBook, and tried to install Bootcamp on it. Bootcamp in turn forced me to have to reinstall Mac OS X, so I went looking for an alternative method of running windows on my mac.

Using a program called Parallels (which is much like VPC or any other PC emulator,) I sucessfully installed Windows XP on my system. I downloaded and installed continuum, but there's one snag in the line, my fps. In the continuum client itself I get up to 500 FPS no problem, however the display is choppy and looks more equivilant to like 15 FPS. Can someone please explain to me a way to fix this so I don't have to retire from this game.
    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    2:BLeeN> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>no
    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
    2:BLeeN> ok then no
    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Boot Camp is the way to go for games since you'd be booting into a real Windows install. I'm surprised it didn't work, I haven't read about any problems with installing Boot Camp. Are you running 10.4.6?

http://arstechnica.com/articles/colu...c/bootcamp.ars

If you're using Parallels google for optimizations/speedups. I don't have any experience with it but I got 15 fps with VPC on a G4 PowerBook. I'm sure you should be able to get more than that. How much RAM do you have? How much are you dedicating to Parallels?

Comment

Working...
    X