Firefox and Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox and Videos

Maybe it's a problem with Shoutwire, I don't think so, but the last 2 times I've tried to view a site that has a video on it firefox crashes.

Also note it also crashes when anything involving quicktime is on a site. How do I troubleshoot this? A lot of sites use quicktime...

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5319/wtfdogjk5.jpg
    thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Just try to re-install.

I've notice another problem tho. When you open a page with, lets say 20+ pics that are pretty big it just stop loading them. Sucks when you look at girls pics...

Comment

Firefox is pretty bad for memory usage, especially when it's loading a page with loads of pics.
      USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
      ---A few minutes later---
      9:cool koen> you scorereseted
      9:Kim> UM
      9:Kim> i didn't
      9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
      9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
      9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
      9:pascone> lol?

Comment

There's a firefox plugin that will allow you to view Windows Media content in some other kind of player, Media Player Classic for example. It's called mediaplayerconnectivity, I've had some success (WMP won't load up in Firefox on one of my computers) with it but really these sites should just stop with this crap and switch to flash for video content.

Comment

All my browsers crash every time I try to view certain content, but as my browser crashes I have no idea what the content is!

Comment

I had this problem, went away with re-format but that may be a bit excessive. After I remormatted I installed the kazaa codec pack again (which I suspect is the problem) because now again I can't view videos in firefox (doesn't crash; just doesn't show them). May I suggest getting the 'open in IE browser' plugin, so if there is a link that you know goes to a video, you can right click it and open it in IE.

Comment

how do i decrease the lag time for when i leave firefox minimized for quiet a while then i maximize it again. usually takes a good 10-15 seconds before i get anything more than a blank white window
              LA

Comment

Originally posted by Superted
                I had this problem, went away with re-format but that may be a bit excessive. After I remormatted I installed the kazaa codec pack again (which I suspect is the problem) because now again I can't view videos in firefox (doesn't crash; just doesn't show them). May I suggest getting the 'open in IE browser' plugin, so if there is a link that you know goes to a video, you can right click it and open it in IE.
                Uninstall your shitty kazaa codec pack and download and install DefilerPak http://hellninjacommando.com/defilerpak/
                USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                ---A few minutes later---
                9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                9:Kim> UM
                9:Kim> i didn't
                9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                9:pascone> lol?

Comment

I get the same thing when I try to view videos, but from IE. Firefox is the only thing that works properly for me.
                  Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

Firefox also doesnt work when trying 2 use uhm www.fileplanet.com

So i had 2 download mself some explorer just for that <_<

Comment

Originally posted by Edify
                      Maybe it's a problem with Shoutwire, I don't think so, but the last 2 times I've tried to view a site that has a video on it firefox crashes.

Also note it also crashes when anything involving quicktime is on a site. How do I troubleshoot this? A lot of sites use quicktime...

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5319/wtfdogjk5.jpg
                      The same thing happened to me, everytime a movie would start firefox would crash. I reinstalled a couple times and it never did the trick. It didn't start working properly until a couple months later when I had to reformat for other reasons.
                      While I'm sippin herbal teas verbal bees plant fertile seeds
                      Bitches leave with broke backs, swollen palms and purple knees

Comment

Working...
                      X