Router Troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router Troubles

Hi, I just recently got a Linksys Wireless - G Broadband router with SpeedBoostster. I am connecting this router to my computer. I also got a Linksys Wireless - G USB network adapter. This will be used on my sisters computer. A disc is used to set up the router. My problem is when I set everything up and go through the process of installing it. When it says the router cannot find a connection or something like that. Any clue what it might be? Is there some settings I could play with to make this work? Any help would be appreciated.

I assume you can see the router set up web page at 192.168.1.1 so the connection between your computer and the router is ok.

The router not finding a connection is the upstream connection from the router to your DSL or cable modem. That's the uplink/WAN port to the modem. In your router setup under 'Status' you should see that your router wasn't able to acquired an IP address from the modem.

Comment

hmm

LOL pies r t3h g00d.

Comment

Have you tried resetting your modem? I had a similar problem when I changed my router recently, and that fixed it. If it doesn't have a reset button, try unplugging it and plugging it back in.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleve-YB
          Hi, I just recently got a Linksys Wireless - G Broadband router with SpeedBoostster. I am connecting this router to my computer. I also got a Linksys Wireless - G USB network adapter. This will be used on my sisters computer. A disc is used to set up the router. My problem is when I set everything up and go through the process of installing it. When it says the router cannot find a connection or something like that. Any clue what it might be? Is there some settings I could play with to make this work? Any help would be appreciated.
          Ok here's what you need to do. First thing is first, hook your computer up to the internet regularly, with your modem. Make sure your internet is working, then take your ethernet cable plugged into the back of your computer, unplug it and plug it into your linksys wireless router, into the first slot on top (make sure its the top one). Then plug your linksys wireless router power plug into the wall outlet. Then put the setup cd in, and start running the program. Click next I think about 3-5 times until it actually checks to see that your getting internet. If it says that its NOT getting internet, then reset your modem (unplug the power cord, wait 30 seconds plug it back), back on the setup screen go back one, then go forward, so that it checks again for internet. Then from there plug another ethernet coord into your wireless router and back into your computer. Just plug it into one of the lower ones, probably the bottom one is best (#1).
          1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
          3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
          3:Best> see it coming
          3:Best> sad

Comment

Working...
          X