iTunes 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iTunes 7

so updated my itunes to the 7th version and in doing so i cant seem to update my ipod anymore. my computer recognizes that my ipod is plugged in but itunes doesnt, man fuckin shit dawgs. help me out goddam apple
    LA

wow cmon where is the help
    LA

Comment

www.creative.com
      Only the loyal count.

Comment

Does your iPod show that "Do Not Disconnect" icon when you plug it in? You might need to uninstall iTunes then install it again. I haven't had this problem so I suggest talking with a few more people before you uninstall it. geekbot seems to know alot about apple.

BTW: I never update my iTunes.

Comment

You could also try using the "apple updater" utility to format your ipod, and then see if itunes will see it. You will lose your music, but if you have backups then that shouldn't matter.
          CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Comment

yup it shows the "Do Not Discconect" i con when i plug it in but the itunes7 program itself does not recognize me connecting the ipod. its stupid anyone know where i cna get itunes6?
            LA

Comment

Yeah I downloaded iTunes 7 and I have the same problem. Maybe it will work if I restart my computer but I don't wanna fuck up my downloads.
              sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Necromotic View Post
                help me out goddam apple
                http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61711

apple.com/support and do a search. It couldn't be easier.

Comment

Is it like this?
                  http://discussions.apple.com/thread....32488&tstart=0
                  Becuase thats is my question but no one seems to be able to answer it.
                  I just bured out everything i wanted to save and going to restore it tomorrow. Sucks i know :/

Comment

Got mine to work with iTunes again by simply restarting the iPod windows process.

Then again, the stupid crap decided that it had to resync 1/4 of my music for some reason.
                    sdg

Comment

Dammit I shouldn't have updated this stupid iTunes crap. I have to restart the iPod service every time to get it to connect, and now it's been "updating iPod" for 5 minutes and won't do anything.

Hope I can find an old version, but then stupid iTunes 7 probably screwed up the iTunesDB so that its incompatible with older versions.
                      sdg

Comment

I quit updating when they patched for Ourtunes and such.

Comment

I have iTunes 6.0.5.20 for Windows. When I ran it, the installer said "Later version of iTunes already installed". So you might have to play with uninstalling, etc.

Hopefully you have backups of your Library xml files.

Want it?

EDIT: Here it is anyway: http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=179936
                          Last edited by geekbot; 09-26-2006, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks, downloading now.

To top it all off, iTunes completely messed up my taskbar when I restarted my computer. The only way to fix it was to disable it from launching when Windows started. I just uninstalled it.

It's not a huge problem for me to lose my iTunes DB. I really only use it to download podcasts and update my iPod.

EDIT: Surprisingly, iTunes 7 actually makes a backup of your old iTunes DB before it upgrades it.

Thanks for the copy of iTunes 6, geekbot. I'm back and running with it again. :fear:
                            Last edited by Stabwound; 09-26-2006, 05:39 PM.
                            sdg

Comment

You might not care anymore but iTunes has been updated and the sync problems might be fixed.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...itunes701.html

What’s New in this Version
                              - iTunes 7.0.1 addresses stability and performance issues with Cover Flow, CD importing, iPod syncing, and more.

Comment

Working...
                              X