Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual Basic

Alright, Well... I program in many languages but this is my first in VB

and my teacher doesnt want us writting advanced code so I cant even do an array

I looked through the book and the examples suck

I need to know how I can just add this whole group box up and find the average without typing in every frickn updwn box..

Eliminate Bias button: This button should be disabled until all data is validated. Once the scores are found to be valid, this button should be enabled. This button finds the average of the five scores, and flags any scores that are more than 2 points away from that average. Again, you can use any mechanism you choose to notify the user of possible bias. The user should have the choice of reentering the scores (in which case validation must be repeated) or accepting the scores that are outside the acceptable range. Once all scores are accepted, the Eliminate Bias button should be disabled, and the Calculate Score button should be enabled. Hint: Using the controls collection will save you tremendous effort here.

Calculate Score button: The lowest of the 20 scores is thrown out, and the highest is thrown out. The total of all scores, less the lowest and highest, is divided by 18 and then multiplied by .8. This number is the actor’s general score. In addition, the actor’s strength should be determined. Find the total score for each of the four categories. The highest total for any category determines the actor’s strength. For example if the scores for Projection are the highest, then the actor’s strength is Projection. If the actor’s strength matches the skill that was selected as most important for that character then add 2 points to the actor’s general score to calculate the actor’s character score.

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
    1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
    1:Freeze> LOL FAR
    ---
    5:waven> freeze
    5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
    5:waven> you state your business with sanji
    5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
    5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
    5:waven> and i will talk to ease
    5:Freeze> LOL
    5:waven> that's how things work around here