Your opinions please:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinions please:

I'm looking to buy a new desktop PC and though I know how to build them myself, I really don't want to, so I was just browsing eBay and this caught my eye:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AMD-ATHLON-64-...QQcmdZViewItem

My interest in computer hardware has faded over the last couple of years so I'm quite rusty when it comes to all this brand new hardware. I'm just looking for opinions on this computer and is it really a great deal or too good to be true? I primarily want to play the Source engine very smoothly, along with all the other new shooters.

And it doesn't matter if this item expires, I have emailed the seller and he said he can build me one post-auction. (I'm gonna buy it minus the HDD)

£429.00 is roughly $800.

Really depends on two things: What you want to do and how much money you're willing to spend.

1. Go with Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 and above. That's a lot more performance for cheap.

2. I would suggest 2Ghz memory just because I like things to be flawless.

3. The video card could use a slight upgrade.

Once again, it all depends on those two things. I would definitely get a Core 2 Duo processor, though.

Comment

nothing wrong with that pc at all, buy it

Comment

Nice price for the spec but like Worrtle the intel core 2 6600 is nice i have just bought one on 2gb ram and its as smooth as a babies bottom with a 20" Flatwidescreen looks uber

But i paid alot for mine so if like you said you didnt want to build one i would go buy this pc but you can make one a bit better spec for same price.
        :eek:
        HTF <ER>> yes because i like 14 year old boys pretending to be female
        Lance> Here is BCG's song
        Social Lif> i bet u stole it fron utube >.>
        HTF <ER>> thats what gets me hot
        :eek:

Comment

Thanks a lot, I think I'll take your advice and look for a Core duo E6600. I'm gonna wait till January so I can have a bigger budget, and who knows, by then I might decide I want to build it myself

Comment

Working...
          X