Help a Map-Newb Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help a Map-Newb Out

Question 1 needs to be answered for question 2 to actually make sense.

1) Is it possible to change one of the settings in arena .cfg without having to kick everyone out and recycle the arena?

2) Can a regular TWBOT do this?
    thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

1) Yes, if you are sysop, most of the settings can be applied without having to recycle the arena. (Some still automatically recycle the arena)
    2) Yes
    Maverick
    Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
    Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
    Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
    Subspace Statistics Administrator
    Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

You cant kick anyone from an arena, without kicking them off the whole zone with the command *kill (with TWBot I think you can however BLOCK a person from entering the arena)

However, as long as another player isnt using rocket for example, if that's what you're changing, then you can freely change the settings of an arena (esc+c if you're sysop) and it takes effect immediately.
      3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
      3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
      3:i.d.> da fk is that?
      3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
      3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
      3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
      3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
      3:Shadowmere> LOL
      3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
      Shadowmere> Rofl
      Up in ya !> With his feet
      Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
      Up in ya !> l44t feet
      Deft> l44t f44t*
      Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
      Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Most of this depends on me getting my subbill and subgame2 to work, which they have. But .39 and .38 won't connect to it. So I tried getting 1.35 and it just crashes when I try to download from the directory server.

I remember getting this to work one time before, and I already used shanky's zone how-to. Ah well.
        thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Don't use subbil, use SubSpace Billing Server 2 Release 11j
          Maverick
          Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
          Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
          Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
          Subspace Statistics Administrator
          Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Originally posted by Edify View Post
            Most of this depends on me getting my subbill and subgame2 to work, which they have. But .39 and .38 won't connect to it. So I tried getting 1.35 and it just crashes when I try to download from the directory server.

I remember getting this to work one time before, and I already used shanky's zone how-to. Ah well.
            do you have a router? and what happens, does your zone just shows red, if it's your own zone you can add custom Ip: 127.0.0.1 port: the port you put in the server.ini file and give it a name
            help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Originally posted by duel pasta View Post
              do you have a router? and what happens, does your zone just shows red, if it's your own zone you can add custom Ip: 127.0.0.1 port: the port you put in the server.ini file and give it a name
              Well, I am on my university connection. I have no physical router plugged into my socket, but maybe the university uses a router in their server room.

Oh yeah, I did try adding custom zone except I didn't use my self-IP, I tried adding my IP from whatismyip.com.

The zone doesn't even appear when I download new zones. And subgame says that it has connected successfully to subbill. Either way, I should probably switch to subbill2.
              thread killer

Comment

Originally posted by Edify View Post
                Well, I am on my university connection. I have no physical router plugged into my socket, but maybe the university uses a router in their server room.

Oh yeah, I did try adding custom zone except I didn't use my self-IP, I tried adding my IP from whatismyip.com.

The zone doesn't even appear when I download new zones. And subgame says that it has connected successfully to subbill. Either way, I should probably switch to subbill2.
                127.0.0.1 is your local adres so you don't need you own ip. Well your university might block it I know what you have to do if it's a linksys router, but I don't hink your university is gonna let you have your own server for a 2d game
                help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

You have to just make a custom zone entry and put 127.0.0.1ort

It will show up red (maybe) but you can still connect.

I think it also works if you just put "localhost" for the ip.
                  sdg

Comment

Working...
                  X