Continuum Won't Open For Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuum Won't Open For Me

um k, so I have no fucking clue why my computer is doing this.
    So Everytime I click on Continuum, it won't fucking open it's been happening for the past month. Before it would just do it once in a while, but now it does it ALL the time. Before when it would do it once in a while, i would just log off my compter or shut down my computer, turn it back on and it would usually work. Now it's just not opening.. When I try to log off/shut down computer, it gives me this message, if it helps. It goes something allong the lines of "The dll file failed to initialize." If someone could help me so I can get back to my fix, that'd be wicked

-Harder

Download Again

Try to uninstall all files, then download from http://trenchwars.org See if you can play it then.:grin:

Comment

doesn't help

Do you even realise how many are having the same problem... Many have solved it but none will help the rest. I've heard that formating helps but i ain't gonna do that just beacuse i could play SS after that.
      -Kawrae

Comment

i had the same problem, but money sorted it out, posted that you should right click and then choose "run as", sorted it out on mine but then again there are loads of solutions people say
        Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
        oNe-t> YEAH
        nopcode> before going out
        funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

Comment

k fuck i tried that shit on stabwounds help.. it didn't help because the links don't work. Could a staff please help me? and maybe more ppl? fuck this is getting ridicolous..

Comment

Originally posted by Harder View Post
            um k, so I have no fucking clue why my computer is doing this.
            So Everytime I click on Continuum, it won't fucking open it's been happening for the past month. Before it would just do it once in a while, but now it does it ALL the time. Before when it would do it once in a while, i would just log off my compter or shut down my computer, turn it back on and it would usually work. Now it's just not opening.. When I try to log off/shut down computer, it gives me this message, if it helps. It goes something allong the lines of "The dll file failed to initialize." If someone could help me so I can get back to my fix, that'd be wicked

-Harder
            Any particular DLL? You'd think by now one of you guys would have given the 'exact' error message to prevent people who would want to help not bothering.

Comment

Nockm and anyone else,
              This is all that the DLL window shows when I try to log off or close the computer. "Continum.exe - DLL Initialization Failed. The application failed to initialize because windows station is shutting down". There is no number on it/it does not state if it is any particular dll file. And this is after waiting for the game to load forever , like i click on continuum, i'll stay on my computer for another hour and then log off or something and that's the message it shows. Fuck I don't know what to do.
              -Harder

Comment

My computer does this now too for some reason. Hopefully it never gets worked out so that I never log on again.

Comment

If you want to try a few things that might fix it but not go so far as to format your computer: download up to date drivers for your video card, use your computers "system restore" (go back to before you were having the problem), uninstall and reinstall continuum, lastly if none of this works then I'm pretty sure you could run the computer in safe mode (with networking) and still be able to play.
                  1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                  3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                  3:Best> see it coming
                  3:Best> sad

Comment

i had the same issue:

resolution: continuum is blocked by certain AV/FW programs. In my case, I had Spyware Doctor installed and it had some setting in its configuration preventing me from opening SS. i know this because i did reformat my drive, but i reinstalled spyware doctor before trying to open SS again and it still wouldn't work, so I uninstalled spyware doctor and it works beautifully. So look for programs in your system tray such as spyware doctor, norton AV/FW, mcafee AV/FW, TrendMicro PCcillin, or AVG and make your own judgements on which program you think it could be.

-bete-
                    SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                    SSCU Trench Wars Bot/Web Developer

Stayon> That type of thing, when you're married for 50 years but you know you fucked up when you dropped chilli sause on your elitist rich boss, while crossing the cafeteria's lunch zone, getting you fired, because you were distracted admiring the cleaning lady's ass that you beated off to, when your sluggish wife and two retarted kids were asleep.

Comment

Hmmm I've got Spybot, Ad-Aware and AVG but I haven't downloaded any of those lately. I should have thought about system restore though - I bet that will work.

Comment

Working...
                      X