question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question

yea i bought this 320gb HD and i have windows xp installed and all that shit but for some reason it only reads ar 298gb...i have 266gb free

i read the thing with the HD and it said u needed xp for it to read the full HD space or selse it would only read 137gb or someshit i installed the MaxBlast 4 software and it says "no maxtor drive installed"

wtf? just wondering why it doesnt read as 320gb :/

Usually something like this depends on it being calculated as 1000MB=1GB instead of 1024MB=1GB or vice versa. At least that's what I'm told causes some GB loss-age.
    thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

HD companies base things off of 1000, OS's base things off of 1024. So... your hard drive should be roughly 320000000000 bytes in HD company terms... which is 320GB when dividing by 1000^3 but only 298.02GB when dividing by 1024^3
      Ban Ikrit

Comment

I think companies should really be forced to state he storage capacity properly nowadays. When hard drives were 8GB or so, it didn't really matter as Windows would read it as 7ish and most people wouldn't think much of it. Now that hard-drives are getting to sizes around the 500 mark, they should really start quoting in proper GB as people do notice having 80gb less than expected.

Something like 320GB (298GiB) would be sufficient.
        USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
        ---A few minutes later---
        9:cool koen> you scorereseted
        9:Kim> UM
        9:Kim> i didn't
        9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
        9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
        9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
        9:pascone> lol?

Comment

I don't think they really pay attention to what they sell either, just assume that it is what it should be. My laptop was supposed to have a 100GB hard drive, which should be 100000000000bytes, I got a hard drive with 92500000000bytes, I got screwed out of 7.5GB...
          Ban Ikrit

Comment

I'm missing 23GB from my supposed 250GB hard-drive.. It doesnt bother me so much, but it'd be nice to have those 23GB too
            3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
            3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
            3:i.d.> da fk is that?
            3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
            3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
            3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
            3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
            3:Shadowmere> LOL
            3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
            Shadowmere> Rofl
            Up in ya !> With his feet
            Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
            Up in ya !> l44t feet
            Deft> l44t f44t*
            Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
            Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Originally posted by Sertifi. View Post
              I'm missing 23GB from my supposed 250GB hard-drive.. It doesnt bother me so much, but it'd be nice to have those 23GB too
              manufactures that make particions of your Hds leave unaccolated space. If you have windows XP you can see your unaccolated space. Control Panel -> Performence & Maintence -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Storage -> Disk Management
              1: cReEmY> jab get a life
              1: Twerp> pwned
              1: Duel Pasta> LOL
              1: Duel Pasta> ROFL
              1: Duel Pasta> Cant Breath
              1: Duel Pasta> You got pwned by a jr.

-----

8: cReEmY> If the square root of 5 is 2.5 then what is the square root of 1??
              8: JabJabJab> Uh... STOP IT!! Your hurting my head!

cOnTaCt mE <- Want to talk to me click there!

Comment

Harddrives are now measured in Gibihertz (Atleast I think that's what the name is).

Comment

Working...
                X