WLan disappears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WLan disappears

not sure if anyone of you have this problem before. but today, my WLAN kept on disappearing. the only way to make it appear in my network list is to unplug my router, then plug it in again after 20 secs. Even then, the WLAN will disappear within a minute, couldnt connect to anything.

ANyone know why?
    1 + 1 = 1

Dunno, had that problem before. It was the router.

Comment

i had, it happened to me when i used an usb-hub without power supply and plugged in more than 2 devices next to the wlan usb thing. i bought an usb hub with its own power supply and it works now.

then you have the same ip twice in your network that happens too, a friend of mine managed to do that.

Comment

Don't know if I've had the same problem, but back at home I could connect to my WLAN, but it wouldn't send or receive any packets. The way we solved that problem was to turn off both the router and the internet modem, turn back on the modem, wait until it "boots up" (all the lights are on except the one that says data or something like that... or wait 20 seconds), and then turn your router back on.
        duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila View Post
          not sure if anyone of you have this problem before. but today, my WLAN kept on disappearing. the only way to make it appear in my network list is to unplug my router, then plug it in again after 20 secs. Even then, the WLAN will disappear within a minute, couldnt connect to anything.

ANyone know why?
          1) Your router is dying a slow death (they should last way longer but they don't)

2) There is a setting to broadcast the SSID. Perhaps it is not?

Comment

Continuing my problem/issue i guess:

Now, my WAN is back on, aka I can see it. but it raised a new issue:
            i have 3 laptops.. each have different situation with the WAN:

1 of them: can connects to WAN, and able to use internet
            1 of them: can connects to WAN, but not able to use internet
            1 of them: can see the WAN, but can't connect to it

funny thing is it happened all of a sudden, like a few nights ago it was perfectly fine. So i have no clue what's going on anymore.
            1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila View Post
              Continuing my problem/issue i guess:

Now, my WAN is back on, aka I can see it. but it raised a new issue:
              i have 3 laptops.. each have different situation with the WAN:

1 of them: can connects to WAN, and able to use internet
              1 of them: can connects to WAN, but not able to use internet
              1 of them: can see the WAN, but can't connect to it

funny thing is it happened all of a sudden, like a few nights ago it was perfectly fine. So i have no clue what's going on anymore.
              Can you get into your router via internet?
              I think it's a setting inside your router (firewall).
              If you can get inside try to look around a bit if not make a printscreen and i'll try to figure it out.

Comment

I would say it's not your router setup since at least one computer can connect and get webpages.

Is there any interference?
                • Are you using a common SSID like the default 'linksys' or something similar?
                • Any new devices or appliances that might interfere? Microwave, cordless phone, bluetooth device?
                • Maybe your neighbor is causing interference with a WLAN or other device. Try changing channels: Use 1, 6, or 11 (US/Canada).

Comment

Working...
                X