google no mas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• google no mas

For some reason, I can no longer access the google.com website. I can get any other site, just not google. The only thing that I can remember what i've done since i could access it was add a system & administrator pw.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

friggin Vista

Search for a file called "hosts". Make sure you have show hidden/system files selected in the search pane. Open it in notepad and make sure there isn't any line in it apart from "127.0.0.1 localhost" or something like that.

If there are any others, first re-save it as something else like "hostsold" as a backup, and then delete those extra lines and save that as hosts.
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan View Post
      Search for a file called "hosts". Make sure you have show hidden/system files selected in the search pane. Open it in notepad and make sure there isn't any line in it apart from "127.0.0.1 localhost" or something like that.

If there are any others, first re-save it as something else like "hostsold" as a backup, and then delete those extra lines and save that as hosts.
      Wah...

This is what it looked like:

127.0.0.1 localhost

::1 localhost

...I deleted the bottom line and all it did was take forever to startup my computer. I still wasn't able to access google.com

So i put back the way it was.

Thanks tho..

Comment

Go to the dosbox by typing cmd in the run program line.
        There, type "ping google.com" and see if you can ping it (see if it is network related) or if it is browser based.
        If the packets come through it is probably some fucked up security setting in your browser. (or try ping 72.14.207.99 to see if it is your DNS setting)

edit: try foreign google sites (.fr .nl .co.uk and stuff)
        "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

Yeah I can ping it.
          I know it's gotta be something to do with these security settings. The other computers on the network can get to google.. just not me.

and i can't get any of the google sites.

Comment

welcome to vista

Comment

I think i've got an idea of what's gonna with my puter, although i've yet to figure how to resolve it. Apparently my proxy settings have been hacked and i'm unable to run the program to view and change my proxy settings.
              Is there a simple command to disable the proxy?

When i click on the LAN settings from Tools> Internet Options> Connections> it crashes my browser.

Comment

Control Panel / Internet Options also crashes ?
                Maverick
                Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                Subspace Statistics Administrator
                Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

No, instead of the internet browser, it's "Windows host process (rundll32) has stopped working"

Comment

Working...
                  X