2 hard drives on IDE2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 hard drives on IDE2

From what I can tell, my primary IDE controller died. I disconnected my optical drives and made an attempt to move both my hard drives to IDE2. However, I can't seem to get my computer to recognize both hard drives on IDE2.

I've tried every jumper setting I can think of, but it'll only recognize one drive when one of them is set to "Single or Master". Setting one to "Master w/ Slave present" and the other to "Slave" returns zero hard drives found.

I also tried setting the BIOS to just read from IDE2 and ignore the primary IDE channel. No hard drives found there, either (but when I tell it to read both, it'll find the one when set as "Single or Master").

Is it possible to have two hard drives on IDE2? If so, what the fuck is wrong with my computer? Both the drives are Western Digital.
    Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Have you tried putting both drives on "cable select" with the jumper?
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Check the mobo manual to make sure it allows two harddrives on one ide. Also I think the master drive has to be on the end and the slave on the middle connector. And make sure there is nothing wrong with the cable itself.

Comment

Yeah, I've tried all the above. I had both hard drives on IDE1, but for some reason it doesn't work on IDE2.
        Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

Working...
        X