DVD writing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD writing

I just bought a new DVD re-writer and I am encountering problems when I want to burn Prison Break Season 1. When I watch the DVD on my TV, after every break (which have been cut out of the videos) the sound becomes out of sync.

I was wondering if this is a fault with the videos' editing (DivX AVI format) or my new re-writer? I can do a VCD of an episode and it works fine.

I also notice a very small stutter every couple of seconds, could this also be another fault?

cheers

Does it do the same thing when you play the burned DVD on your PC?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts View Post
      I was wondering if this is a fault with the videos' editing (DivX AVI format) or my new re-writer? I can do a VCD of an episode and it works fine.

I also notice a very small stutter every couple of seconds, could this also be another fault?
      This is most likely because your dvd player only fully supports a particular version of the DivX or Xvid codec. Meaning that if the video was encoded with an older (or newer) version of the codec, there may be glitches in playback. It may also be that the dvd player only supports particular bitrates for videos, and that if your videos have a bitrate too high, that may be causing the machine to struggle.

There are 2 solutions:

1. Re-encode the videos before your burn them (check with the dvd manufacturer to see which specific Divx version it supports, and what settings they recommend that videos be encoded with. The downside of re-encoding videos is that you may lose quality since it will be re-compressed.

2. Update your dvd firmware from the manufacturer website (assuming the machine is upgradable or that the manufacturer is providing updates). Not all divx-capable dvd players can be upgraded, but many are able to.
      CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Comment

Working...
      X