Ancient Quicktime version that I can't remove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancient Quicktime version that I can't remove

Okay, everytime I try to view an MPG file or whatever by double clicking, it launches some ancient apple quicktime shit that doesn't work. And It's still inside my Open With.. submenu, I can't find it in Add/Remove programs, how do I get rid of this thing as an option?

screenshot

Also, please, no solutions like "just use media player classic or vlc" because that just avoids the problem.
    thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

right click on the file and open up the properties

on the general tab, doesnt it show something like:

Opens with: (media program) and then a change button?

can you hit that change button and select what program you like?
    then make sure you've checked the 'always open wiht this program' box

that should work so when you double click a media file, it always opens in what you want

if youve already done that and youre just tryign to find out how to ditch the program in general, i dont know... try downloading a new version of quicktime, installing, then uninstalling?

thats probably a bad idea but oh well

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Try to search for it on your harddrive. Assuming from the screenshot it will be called "player.exe".
      When you find the program and you made sure this is the one you can't get rid of, just delete it and its directory. How to get rid of the registry entries is harder, you need some kind of registry sweeper.
      "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

Thanks for the help, I did what both of you suggested.

I lol'd at the apple copyright in properties: 1988-1994
        thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

In this case I would forgo deleting the directory and just delete the one file :P

Problem now fixed btw?
          "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

Originally posted by Singularity View Post
            In this case I would forgo deleting the directory and just delete the one file :P

Problem now fixed btw?
            Yeah it was fixed before I posted the second time.
            thread killer

Comment

Working...
            X