Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer freezes upon startup, help meee...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer freezes upon startup, help meee...

Basically, a week ago, my comp out of no where started to freeze upon startup.
    I have a WinXP, and when it hits that blue screen with the welcome message, my comp just freezes when it says "Loading your personal settings..."

What I've tried so far:
    -Safe mode works, so I've disabled all all startup programs
    -Removed all newly installed programs
    -Virus scan and removed some trojans
    -Disk cleanup
    None of that solved anything.

Now, one thing that did allow me to get to my desktop was...I did a system restore to a point 1 week ago. I restarted, and it worked, it did not freeze on the blue screen. But 1 week later, I have lost those system restore points, and cant restore my system back to that point. So that doesn't work anymore.

SIGH how do i fix this? It's really pissin me off........

its a virus

Comment

The most likely cause that you can not use a System Restore point is due to Norton or some other 'always on' program (backup app, etc.).

Disable anything like that and try again, also try a different restore point (earlier).

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
        The most likely cause that you can not use a System Restore point is due to Norton or some other 'always on' program (backup app, etc.).

Disable anything like that and try again, also try a different restore point (earlier).

No, I can use a system restore point. It's just the earlier ones I restored to got removed. I was always restoring to a point 2 weeks ago. But yesterday, that point and earlier ones before that got removed. So only the new restore points are left. And I tried restoring to the new ones, and they did not seem to fix the problem.

Comment

I'll help you when you don't keep getting yourself banned in GAME
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
            I'll help you when you don't keep getting yourself banned in GAME
            I asked Rudy for a month ban, then that dick banned me for a year.

Comment

Working...
            X