Laptop Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Fan

Alright, so laptop fans are only suppose to turn on periodically, right? But on occasion, my fan just keeps on running, even when I'm not doing anything with it. I don't think that my laptop needs cooling because it has felt hotter before and worked fine.

Would there be any reasons why my fan would just keep on running, and is there any way to stop it?

ps. also, my msn window doesn't appear when my computer loads up. Task Manager says it's running, but the window never shows up. It only shows up after my laptop comes out of hibernation. Any reasons for that too?

tia.
    Last edited by project dragon; 07-08-2007, 02:25 AM.
    duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

I thought you were gonna rant about how good laptops are or something, was ready to type, "in before move" ... way to spoil my fun :/

PS: Shouldn't the fan be on the whole time the laptop is on anyway? I could be wrong :P
    9:Basti> any1 want pw for squad BlowJob?
    9:Inaphyt> no basti i want you to give me the password to your room so you can give me a blowjob
    9:Basti> sure
    9:Basti> we can take a basing duel in my bed
    9:Inaphyt> hahahaha
    9:Basti> i'll score
    9:Basti> i'll ride my ship into ur cram
    9:Basti> and take the flag
    9:Inaphyt> ROFL
    9:Basti> and finally lay a mine there

Comment

Fan should pretty much always be on on a laptop, just make sure you don't have it on the carpet or something.. keep it on wood.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

It's always on a hard surface.

The problem with the fan I'm having is that it's on at the highest speed possible, not at the idle speed, or even the medium.
        duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

check the settings in bios?

Comment

yea, what Money said - there is probably something in the bios about it.

Also, usually the manufacturer of the laptop provides a program to control these settings through a windows program. See if they have such a program.
            Maverick
            Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
            Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
            Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
            Subspace Statistics Administrator
            Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Working...
            X