LGA775/DDR2/PCIe/GB LAN/SATAII

Asus GeForce 8800GTS 320MB Skjermkort
    GDDR3, HDCP, PCI-Express, 2xDVI-I, Tv-Out

Intel Core 2 Duo E6320 1.86GHz, 1066FSB
    4MB cache, 1066MHz FSB, 65nm, S775

OCZ 600W StealthXStream Powersupply
    20+4+8pin, 115-230v, PowerWhisper
    -------------------------------------------
    The only part I feel very confident in getting is the graphics card, I've seen this reccomended everywhere, and has the price I wanted to pay for a card like this. I'm pretty unsure about the motherboard, I'm never been that into that area, and there are no good reviews for the current motherboard market of what I've found.

This is going to cost me around 1500$, which is affordable since I'm giving myself a new LCD screen.

I'm not going to overclock and tweak my computer alot, a few hundred MHZ on the CPU, that's it. I just want my shit to be stable and long lasting.

Any experiences with any of the components? Any suggestions on changes, comment or anything at all?

I've been going with AMD all my life, but I've heard that Intel is far ahead on CPUs these days. Is Intel a good choise?

I'm going to run XP on this untill Vista has been out long enough to have everything working with it (like my mobile, and other devices).
    Last edited by Noah; 08-06-2007, 10:15 PM.
    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

For my money I think I'd go with an athlon x2 6000+. Roughly the same price as the 6320, but performs far better IMO =)

Comment

In my opinion

qUICK BUY, ASSEMBLE, LOGIN SS PRONTO
      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
      Failure teaches success.
      . â–²
      ▲ ▲

Comment

Nice GFX card.

Comment

Monitor is good.

Memory is pretty good. For Vista, make sure you buy 4GB if you're an avid gamer.

For the mobo, I would definitely go with an nForce mobo. EVGA sells a 680i SLI mobo for a couple hundred bucks.

Graphics card is good.

Do not get cheap on the processor. Save a few extra dollars and get yourself an E6850 or a Q6600. If you want to save a little money, go with an E6600 at the least. Its an amazing processor, and the jump in performance from <E6600 is out of this world...Definitely worth the few extra bucks.

As far as a PSU, make sure that you get an 8-pin connection for the CPU. I would say 6-pin or above for PCI-E...8-pin for PCI-E is going to become the new standard.

Do not go with that AMD crap. AMD was the leader in performance before C2D, but ever since Intel has been reaming them.

Comment

Originally posted by Worr View Post
            Monitor is good.

Memory is pretty good. For Vista, make sure you buy 4GB if you're an avid gamer.

For the mobo, I would definitely go with an nForce mobo. EVGA sells a 680i SLI mobo for a couple hundred bucks.

Graphics card is good.

Do not get cheap on the processor. Save a few extra dollars and get yourself an E6850 or a Q6600. If you want to save a little money, go with an E6600 at the least. Its an amazing processor, and the jump in performance from <E6600 is out of this world...Definitely worth the few extra bucks.

As far as a PSU, make sure that you get an 8-pin connection for the CPU. I would say 6-pin or above for PCI-E...8-pin for PCI-E is going to become the new standard.

Do not go with that AMD crap. AMD was the leader in performance before C2D, but ever since Intel has been reaming them.

Intel seems to have the high end cornered for now, but if you're looking for something under $200 then AMD CPUs stack up quite well against Intel. Those q6600s and e6850s run for nearly double a x2 6000+ and I think the
            E6600 is roughly on par with a x2 6000+. If you're looking for high end, Intel is the way to go but it'll cost you. Personally, I prefer to go cheap on the processor because those high end processors tend to drop in price mighty fast!

Comment

I agree with Weaver. You can get a better AMD midrange cpu for the same price as Intel (or cheaper). Intel wins for top-end.

Comment

I'm partial to Intel processors, I guess...but at the same time, I wouldn't buy a high end 8800 GTS graphics card and not get an Intel processor. I mean if you're willing to blow over $300 on the video card, you might as well spend that extra $130 and get a high-end Intel processor.

The Q6600 is $309 on newegg, and you can overclock those four processors to match or surpass the newest E6850's ($309).

Its your money.

Comment

i have dual c2d extremes

Comment

Here you go:

Mobo: EVGA nForce 650i SLI Ready
                    Processor: Intel Q6600 Quad core 1066mhz FSB
                    Memory: 2GB Patriot Extreme PC2 6400
                    Video Card: EVGA 8800 GTS 320MB GDDR3
                    Case: Apevia X-Cruiser (I like it)
                    PSU: Thermaltake 700W
                    Monitor: Chimei 22" Widescreen (Only $200, works great)

Grand Total: $1269.93

Gives you some breathing room to upgrade...or if you need a couple of hard drives and some DVD/CD drives.

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
                      i have dual c2d extremes
                      You have too much money.

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                        Blahblah my computer is drop dead sexy
                        I hate you.
                        thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                          Skjermkort
                          I c wut u did

Comment

You have too much money.
                            LOL f WAS KIDDIN

Comment

Monitor: Chimei 22" Widescreen (Only $200, works great)
                              Where can i find this or another good deal on a monitor?? I received an email advert from dell about monitors on sell, but even the shitty 15" where at least $200. I've been playing on a 15" lcd but the max resolution is only 1024 x 768 for the past week or so and I desperately need my resolution back.
                              .fffffffff_____
                              .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                              .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                              .fffffff\______/
                              .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                              .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                              .fffff\________/
                              .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                              .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                              .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                              .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                              .fff\__________/