Catastrophic Continuum Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catastrophic Continuum Crash

Now, I know this isn't exactly a tech support forum, but I'm getting desperate. Whenever I start up Continuum, graphics glitch like crazy and it freezes up if I try to quit. Specifically, every moving object on the screen leaves trails of clones. Stars in vertical rows when I try to enter a zone, swirling rock blots if I actually get in and fly around a little bit, that kinda thing.

Does anybody have any idea what's going on?

Edit: Oh, and I think I was playing Continuum 0.38 when it happened the first time, then I switched to 0.39 but that didn't make it any better.
    Last edited by Lucon; 08-15-2007, 01:13 AM.
    The pleasure's all mine.

Originally posted by Lucon View Post
    I know this isn't exactly a tech support forum
    That is correct, SSCU Trench Wars is not a tech support forum. Tech Support, on the other hand, is.

And just as an educated guess, I'd say either your video card or its drivers are on crack.
    Originally posted by Tone
    It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
    Originally posted by the_paul
    Gargle battery acid fuckface
    Originally posted by Material Girl
    I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Well whaddaya know, there's a tech support forum after all. My drivers have been fine with other games, even graphics monsters like Neverwinter Nights 2.
      The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

I'm guessing you updated to vista.

Turn on software emulation in advanced options.
        Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
        Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Do a Windows Vista sticky thread so ppl don't to ask about it twice a day :turned:

Comment

It's more a Geforce 8 issue than a Vista issue as far as I know.

But yea, View -> Advanced Options and turn on Software Emulation.
            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
            ---A few minutes later---
            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
            9:Kim> UM
            9:Kim> i didn't
            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

try doing an ctrl + alt + esc to window mode and then open the game again. is window mode the technical name for that? hehe

Alwys clears up onmy system when I see that...but I put this as a Vista prob. Now that the updates have been coming almost every Tue. from MS, most of the problems I had months ago have vanished.
              May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

I didn't upgrade to Vista, but I'm using a Geforce 8 card. I'll try that right now.
                The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucon View Post
                  I didn't upgrade to Vista, but I'm using a Geforce 8 card. I'll try that right now.
                  Well, I updated my drivers, and now it works fine even without software emulation. Thanks for all the help.
                  The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

Working...
                  X