wireless connection help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wireless connection help

I went through the set up process, no problems. Signal is "excellent" but status is "limited or no connectivity."

Used the windows connection wizard, no problems. I connect and I open up 1 web page then the browser dies like I have no internet.

Looking at the wireless properties, I am able to send packets but not receive any. There is some kind of warning sign between "packets sent" and "packets received."

Anyone know how to fix this?

edit: no firewall is on, only have AVG, and if I try to "repair" it says it cannot renew my IP address
    Last edited by MirrorriM; 09-02-2007, 04:29 PM.

well maybe you need to manually set your ip adress. are you trying to connect your own wireless reciever? i guess windows wizzard sets it to auto, which would be a problem for a reciever that doesnt support DHCP.

it could also be limited connectivity, because even tho you might get a strong signal, the reciever might not be able to hear you, move closer if possible.

Comment

I assume you're on XP.

Right click on the little wireless icon, click status.

Then go to properties, select TCP/IP from the little box and click properties again.

In this window, make sure "Obtain IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS address automatically" are selected.

Do you have any other computers connected to the router wirelessly?
      USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
      ---A few minutes later---
      9:cool koen> you scorereseted
      9:Kim> UM
      9:Kim> i didn't
      9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
      9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
      9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
      9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Is the wireless network secured? If you entered a wrong key this also gives limited connectivity. You could check for case sensitivity and mistaking O's for 0's etc.

If that doesn't work, you could check what Ewan said but here's a quick command you can do in a command prompt:

netsh int ip reset log.txt

That resets your TCP/IP stack, in other words, sets everything back to their default (automatic) values.

Comment

for using wireless

Comment

I also have a problem with my wireless, but I thought I would post it in here.
            I recently moved to a new house that I will be renting for the school year. It came will a rather crappy wireless router, and it does not seem to like my laptop. Whenever I try to connect to it, my laptop says that I am not connected to the router, but I can surf the internet and play subspace. The problem with this is that every so often, my wireless will refresh and my laptop will suddenly realize that I am "not connected" to the internet, so my wireless dies out every 10 minutes and I have to reconnect.
            This has never happened to any other wireless connections I have connected to. I am rather hesitant to fool around with the router and it's settings because there are other roommates that are connected and it seems to work well for them (most of them are wired though)

tia.
            duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=30604

Comment

you get that when you need to be assigned a new ip >_>
                The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

try moving closer to the wireless router. if you are within 30 feet of the router, and you are still having problems

download and run this file
                  http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

its a winsock fix. it might help
                  wont do any damage to your pc
                  6:Screamo> this sub is making my leg twitch
                  6:LMAO> subway is kinda shady nowdays
                  6:Screamo> err
                  6:Screamo> subwoofer*

1:Krazie <ER>> crap
                  1:Krazie <ER>> i get one less hour of sleep
                  1:Krazie <ER>> freaking DST
                  1:bioture> at least my car clock will finally be correct