X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for the advanced: Taking specific screenshot

If you goto this page
    [edit link]
    Then it starts with pictures. If you click on a picture, it zooms in. then you can zoom in, to 100%.

How do I screenshot/ download that picture of 100% quality?
    It must download it somewhere onto the harddisk (right?), but i cant find it. Neither does rightclick or pagesource help me. Snagit doesn't seem to want to help me either.

Who's good enough to get such a picture? :whistling
    Thanks.

EDIT 2: I've eddited the link out of it, since it might not be completely legal to ask such a faviour?

EDIT: I noticed at home that the link doesn't show any pictures directly. So for to give an example search word (nice and short): search for "dam". You will get pictures then.
    Last edited by SEAL; 11-20-2007, 04:06 AM. Reason: See edit text

Oh and FYI.
    Under the picture is a red triangel. If you click on it, it has a link "download". That picture ain't in high resolution, so it isn't helping.

Comment

Apart from downloading the picture through the menu, you can't download the high resolution photo because it's flash (which they probably did on purpose).

If you want the high resolution photo you can probably get it by buying it (bestel optie in het menu) and then selecting download method from the product menu. (Bestelling pagina, kies product knop, Product: Download, Wijziging opslaan).

Good luck
      Maverick
      Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
      Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
      Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
      Subspace Statistics Administrator
      Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Assuming you only want one or a few pictures I'll point out to you the old-school method.

- go to 100% zoom on the pic you want
        - you click on the button called "PrtSc" or "printscreen"
        - open mspaint, photoshop or a similar program
        - "paste"
        - repeat if necessary with big pictures by taking parts of the picture each time and overlaying manually
        - safe results on harddrive feeling elite for beating teh system.
        "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

Thanks for the reply Maverick and Singularity.

Obviously they want you to buy the high-res picture.
          Obviously I don't want to cut/paste parts of it in paint.

My commen sence say that if you are viewing the picture on high res at 100%, you must have downloaded it onto your computer (temp file?). Also, reloading the picture in a new session goes quicker (so it does store it in cache?). I can't find those temp/cache files.

Also i noticed that 'print screen tools' (such as SnagIt) can't do a scrolling-page screencap on it, since it's not really a popup. It will literally scroll the "underlying" page.

So perhaps a better question.
          Do you do not know how to get the picture?
          Or, do you know, that it is not possible, as in, that is the great advantage of flash?

Thx

Comment

I thought you can't read the cache contents but it seems to use the Temporary Internet Files.

1) In internet explorer, clear/purge all temporary internet files from the Internet Options
            2) Open a picture from the website and zoom in to 100%
            3) Now in your temporary internet files (C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserHere\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files) there are pictures/links named like "010003002681.tjp&60" . These will open in a new browser displaying only a small part of the large picture.
            4) Open each picture/link (of the same id) and then save the picture displayed in your browser
            5) You should be able to merge all these together (all from the same id) and get the full picture. However, it's going to be lots of work to achieve this. (lots of picture parts)

I'd say to just buy the picture if you really want one because it will save you lots of time and effort.
            Last edited by Maverick; 11-20-2007, 05:44 AM.
            Maverick

Comment

I guess so yeah.

The deal is, buying one for 16 euro is ok. However, for me at least, you want to print them out to visually see if it's nice. And that's quite an expensive joke to get 10 pics digitally (160e and then still having to print them out) and see which one you like.

Ah well.

Comment

I'm curious as to what these are "pictures" of.. enlighten me please.
                thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

I guess it doesn't really mather (trenchwars policy can determen whether it's legal or not)

beeldbank.amsterdam.nl

Comment

The pictures are sufficiently protected to prevent illegal download. Posting the link isn't illegal.
                    Maverick

Comment

I'm still convinced what you see, is what you have, on your harddisk/ memory.

If it uses flash, and it does, it should store the image in an .swf file, right?
                      i can't find it though.

However there is a directory
                      C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\9UPP446S\beeldbank.amsterdam .nl\components\com_topview\flash

but the map only contains a .sol file of 1kb. (with view-hidden-files enabled of course)

I have the feeling the flash looks at a background image (which is the picture) with a blanco layer on top (the download). Or such a construction. hmm.
                      Still.

in the terms of "Cogito, ergo sum". you see the image therefor you must have it.

Comment

got it B)

Comment

Have you actually looked in your Temporary Internet Files directory like I said? :P
                          Maverick

Comment

It's more complicated than that the temp.internet files. In short, I gotta do some coding get it.

I'll tell more about it when it worked.

Comment

Working...
                            X