FPS trouble or something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS trouble or something else?

Had some computer problems couple days ago. Every time I logged in, my computer would lock up and then I'd have to manually turn the power button off for it to shut down and restart---only to happen again non-stop. So I took it to get it repaired, the guy simply deleted my old profile, and made a new one. Supposedly the old one was corrupt, I'm not sure. But it worked, and I can use the internet just fine. However, as soon as I logged into continuum, the graphic/fps problem became very jumpy. Before, I had it set on "avoid page flipping". that prevented any of the jumpyness. Now, even with that set, it continues to jump. My buddy Reaver tried to help, so I set it on "no framerate", and it worked for a bit, then I realized that was quite unstable, too.

My FPS is 64, thats what I'm consistently getting. I've heard some people saying its actually normal. If it is, does that mean my graphics card could be corrupted? I mean, my lag stats are normal. So, it's a little annoying to play with the jumpyness I'm getting all of a sudden. I can't setup any of my shots.
    RaCka> how can i get you here
    death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
    RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
    death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

also, check disable clipping and no framerate limit. with continuum default settings i get like 80fps, with page flipping and clipping disabled i get about 600fps

Comment

the human eye can't see more than 60fps...?

Comment

Read stabwounds sticky, im having the same problem death, but with the settings your at u should be getting around 128 fps, but ur gettin half soo....

idk fiddle around with task manager deleting processes if stabs sticky doesnt help. thats what i do.
        4:BigKing> xD
        4:Best> i'm leaving chat
        4:BigKing> what did i do???
        4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
        4:BigKing> ???? why though
        4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
        4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Originally posted by NaiLed View Post
          the human eye can't see more than 60fps...?
          60fps on a monitor is not the same as 60fps to the human eye sry

Comment

http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frame...humans_see.htm

Comment

nice emaho,that should put a stop to ppl saying fps is useless over 60fps, heard many ppl say that on this game

"So what is "Enough fps"? I don't know, because nobody went there so far. Maybe 120fps is enough, maybe you will get headaches after 3 hours. Seeing framewise is simply not the way how the eye\brain system works. It works with a continuous flow of light\information. (Similar to the effects of cameras' flashlights ("red eyes"): flashing is simply not the way how we see). So there are still questions. Maybe you need as much as 4000fps, maybe less, maybe more."
              Last edited by Money; 01-03-2008, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                Read stabwounds sticky, im having the same problem death, but with the settings your at u should be getting around 128 fps, but ur gettin half soo....

idk fiddle around with task manager deleting processes if stabs sticky doesnt help. thats what i do.
                Yeah, read the sticky. Actually tried all of those things. Still, the game play has remained choppy. My old PC kept breaking down so I bought a new one, including a new monitor. So I was certain that would get the smooth game play again, like it use to be. But no, to my surprise, the game is still very choppy. I mean it really takes away the fun; never had this problem before, damn.

Btw- deleting processes: what can i delete? I'm afraid of deleting the wrong process and screwing the new PC up lol.
                death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me

Comment

ending a process doesnt delete it... the worst u can do is it will shutdown and u can restart it no problems

try setting your color depth to 8 and check avoid page flipping and disable clipping (DO THIS ALL) make sure software emulation is not checked

it will work.

it has to...i was on a 500mhz celeron for like 4 years with onboard video.. i got over 120fps with those settings..

so it WILL work

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
                    ending a process doesnt delete it... the worst u can do is it will shutdown and u can restart it no problems

try setting your color depth to 8 and check avoid page flipping and disable clipping (DO THIS ALL) make sure software emulation is not checked

it will work.

it has to...i was on a 500mhz celeron for like 4 years with onboard video.. i got over 120fps with those settings..

so it WILL work
                    Yeah I tried that, too. And for some reason it made it worse. I got a fps of 6 and I could barely move or exit the game. I actually had to spec and then esc q out. Here's the new PC/monitor I got:

HP Pavilion Media Center m8200n (AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 6000+; 3072 MB, 500GB/ New monitor: 24" LCD, SyncMaster 245bw,Samsung.

You'd think that it would be able to get better FPS and more smoother play than that. Oh btw, when I hit software emulation, my FPS spikes with higher #'s, but the game is even more choppier. So other than that, even hitting no frame limit, doesn't get me anything higher than 60fps. Personally, I don't mind having that FPS. But I just want it to be a little more smoother, where ppl don't glitch as much.

Comment

vista or xp?

Comment

vista or xp?
                        Vista.

Comment

oh doesnt software emulation have to be on, on vista? i know there are ppl on here who know how to fix it, like ewan would be best to ask i think

Comment

oh doesnt software emulation have to be on, on vista? i know there are ppl on here who know how to fix it, like ewan would be best to ask i think
                            I just put it on software emulation, the FPS is now in the 125-128 range.

So, what does software emulation mean? That's something Vista users enable?
                            Last edited by death row; 01-05-2008, 06:45 AM.

Comment

it means it uses your cpu for gfx instead of video card i believe im probably wrong but yea vista users need to do that

Comment

Working...
                              X